Jump to content
[[Template core/front/profile/profileHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

My Information

  • Agent Count
    > 6000 Agents
  1. My coworker was testing our walkthroughs and ran the Agent_Uninstall.exe to cleanup an install and shortly afterwards attempted to reinstall the Labtech / Automate Agent but nothing would happen. This occurred on two servers in our lab. We initially tried multiple things and found that the .msi would install without any issues but the .exe would not. From there we ran Agent_Install.exe /Log log.txt and output what was happening into a text file. The log outputted the following error - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. Further down in the message i noticed at RemoteAgentBootstrapper.RemoteAgentBootstrapper.setupSecondaryAgentMsi() which made me realize that the .exe was just installing an .msi with parameters. We started looking in C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\ and found about 4 folders. 2 that had LabTechRemoteAgent.msi and 2 that had LabTechRemoteAgent.exe. One of the folders that had .exe also contained a state.rsm file. Just as a hunch we moved the state.rsm file to the desktop and then the .exe started installing normally every time afterwards. I initially looked here - https://docs.connectwise.com/ConnectWise_Automate/ConnectWise_Automate_Documentation/040/060 but soon realized that it was not going to help us. I hope this helps others that face this issue. ~Sean K
×
×
  • Create New...