Please take a moment to review these rules and our Code of Conduct.
Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this website. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this website to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this website.
Code of Conduct - Members:
1. Support the MSPGeek mission of open communication, collaboration, learning and sharing with other members and vendors.
2. Be respectful and courteous to all members, staff and vendors.
3. Share your knowledge and experience with others.
4. You are fully responsible for your own content. You need to make sure you have relevant permission to post any information or material on our public-facing platforms.
5. If you utilize someone else’s work and improve on it, you should share this back to the community as well as recognizing the author of the original work.
6. Do not post private information about individuals without their explicit consent.
7. We strongly suggest that users who wish to post files, scripts, solutions etc do so in the MSPGeek forums and then link to it from within the Slack.
8. Do not post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech. Admin's decisions on this are final.
9. Members should not send other members direct messages for commercial reasons (IE: trying to sell or advertise something) unless specifically invited to.
10. Raise concerns of inappropriate behaviour to the Admins.
Code of Conduct - Vendors:
1. MSPGeek is primarily a community for open communication collaboration, learning and sharing and we expect vendors to have the same values.
2. Where vendors have had a channel created for them, they agree to staff it and answer queries in a reasonable amount of time. Where vendors periodically abandon their channel, the channel will be removed.
3. Vendors should not advertise their services or products in any of the general channels.
4. Vendors should not solicit members via direct message unless specifically invited to
5. Vendors should prefix/suffix their display names in Slack with their company/product name so as to identify themselves as a vendor.
6. Vendors are encouraged to engage with members in the general channels. If members are actively discussing your product/service, then you can enter into conversation about it in that general channel.
7. Vendors are free to advertise their own services in their own channel.
8. Vendors are free to set their own description for their own channel.
9. Vendors who want to advertise something to the wider community because they feel the community would value from it, should approach the Admin team who will take a decision on it.
10. Vendors should not utilize member information outside of the community for the purpose of advertising or communication unless commercially engaged by a member.