Cubert

NUT - Network Utilization Test Plugin

I am in pre-release testing of NUT - Network Utilization Test Plugin

I am now running it through it's paces and dusting it off over the next couple of day before release but here is a preview.

NUT Version 1.0.1

After configuration of the Location you launch IPerf Scans from the main console and watch the progress as the server and client work together to complete a scan.

The plugin the saves that data to LabTech for further use and provides a view of that data under "Stored Results" sub tab.

The scan process takes (based on your configurations) 10 to 60 seconds to complete.

Sweet!

Cubert :ugeek:

launchwindow.JPG.6ac9deafebf3d4541d73a4401cc15d3b.JPG

It's coming..

Send me a PM and I will send you link to beta. You can test and let me know how it works for you and what should change or be added..

can we have automated iperf tests and monitors?

We have a site with several radio links and 4 sites with Mikrotik gear that is managed by someone else, have had lots of issues would love to have iperf bandwidth used in a similar fashion to a ping monitor.

Cubert...

From your site: "In version 1.0.1 we are forcing the host side to be one system under client 1. "

Just wondering about this change.... I liked that we could test between clients and servers on the same network. Is there any plan to go back to the original setup, or am I perhaps missing a way to do that? I am confused as to the difference between the "host", and the "address" boxes. The way I read it now is that your tester is measuring back to your LT server?

Thanks

J

I agree that is a bit limiting so I just released version 1.0.2 that adds in all client servers in the the servers list. This will allow you to test from server to server, desktop to server and across VPN and other internal connections at the clients locations.

http://www.squidworks.net/2014/11/nut-network-utilization-testing-plugin-for-labtech/

Good Idea!

Cubert :ugeek:

Hi Cubert,

I'm giving the NUT plugin a try and using the 1.02 version, which sounds like I can use external host servers for this, however it locks down each location to 'servers' that are in that location.

We'd like to be able to test this from an external VM we have in Azure for our clients.

Is this not possible?

Also, are you able to explain the autodeploy, I leave it blank as suggested, but nothing autodeploys. Am I missing something here.

Many thanks!

Ross