johnduprey

Group Policy RSOP

Quick Script and Tab for obtaining and viewing RSOP in HTML. Zip file includes the Script and Tab xml files as well as the 16x16 icons for the commands and tab.

The script can be set to run on your workstation group as a scheduled task daily, weekly, etc.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Credit to FamFamFam silk http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/ for always having applicable icons.

GPResult.zip

I can confirm this works perfectly right out of the box. Also I had never thought to use the Open URL command as a refresh button, that will help several of my other tabs as well. Thanks johnduprey!

One thing to make sure is that the Update RSOP command has the correct imported Script Guid. Mine was pointing at a Patch Override - Reboot script.

One thing to make sure is that the Update RSOP command has the correct imported Script Guid. Mine was pointing at a Patch Override - Reboot script.

That's a good call. I actually ran into that issue today when importing scripts for the Teamviewer commercial plugin.

I made a change to our copy of this, as when you run the command "GPResult" as a user you do not get the computer config. You only get this when you run the command as Admin.

Attached is the changed script. What I changed was to run the command "whoami" as the user. This will output "domain\username" and store this as %shellresult". Then changed the GPResult from "Console Shell" to "Shell as admin" and add /USER %shellresult" into the command.

fgBkB4m.png

Get GPResult For User.zip

I've imported the script successfully but can someone explain how I can import and show the Tab properly please. Sorry newbie to this.

@mattgreen - Go to the Dashboard -> Config -> Integration -> Custom Tabs and click on the Import Config button. Once imported, go to the new tab and click on Update RSOP, Change the script Guid to the ID of the new script that you imported.

Cheers for coming back to me on that, under Integration I haven't got a Custom Tabs, I've only got a Web-Control Centre Configuration and a Ignite Tab :(

Cheers for the help so far guys, I have it installed and working for some machines, but other machines are stating The user does not have RSOP data (the whoami part resolves to the correct domain\user in the script). If I connect onto a server on the same network as one of the machines and run the gpresult with the computername and user account it returns the group policy data fine. Has anyone else come across this?