johnduprey

Warranty Lookup

Warranty Lookup Tab - Added on the computer level to return the warranty status of a device

Currently supports the following Manufacturers:

- Dell

- Lenovo

- HP

Credit to FamFamFam silk http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/ for always having applicable icons.

Screenshot:

Plugin based on the custom tab:

http://computerservicetag.com/ltplugin/compsvctaglookup.dll

warranty.PNG.d8e5e6a25ed193be1451fe6ebaa0a4c9.PNG

Warranty-Tab.zip

Edited by Guest

Love the idea - imported the script but not seeing anything. Should there be something under the Additional Fields on the computer tab? Does the image have to be placed somewhere?

You imported it from System Dashboard -> Config -> Integration -> Custom Tabs?

You import the Icon by clicking Load Icon from the custom tab after it's imported:

The script pulls the Serial number out of the computer table in the database, so no extra data fields required.

59ec9435d6af5_customtabs.JPG.d95c6dbc721a92ca70146407936e3c20.JPG

settings.JPG.b7d7e0c741741a4af9d6a2dafe341ab3.JPG

Got it. Your's looks a lot better than mine - the webpage in mine is filled with banner ads. But the content is there if you're willing to scroll. Will be helpful. Thank you

It's a responsive site, so the ads get pushed around depending on the width. I just positioned it that way for the screenshot.

Full disclosure: The site is written and maintained by me and the ads help offset the hosting cost. I'm working on integrating more warranty lookups for different manufacturers.

Any reason not to automatically load the page in the tab? I don't know if I am the only one but I have to click on check warranty instead of just auto loading the page.

Any reason not to automatically load the page in the tab? I don't know if I am the only one but I have to click on check warranty instead of just auto loading the page.

I tried that method initially, but it just says page not found when you do that. You could try to paste the URL from the Check Warranty button into the main URL in the configuration and see what happens.

Hey guys, is there a newer version of this around that works with LT 11? I imagine this still works, but would be nice having something using the new tiles or really on a location / client basis showing the overview

Unfortunately the custom tab functionality has stopped working with embedded webpages. I would recommend checking out WarrantyMaster as it's an awesome product (with a free tier).