myoung

LDAP Integration

Can anyone share their experiences with LDAP / Active Directory integration and Labtech? I find it to be crazy that we have to manage a second set of credentials for our users but I remember when I tried to implement this in the past it seemed half-baked at best. According to the limited documentation, HTTP authentication is required to sync the password for users. Does that mean every time an AD password is changed users have to connect to the LT control center with HTTP enabled? Are there issues with the integration as a whole? Is anyone actually using this? I'd appreciate any feedback.

We use it at our office.

Yes, the user has to log into CC using http (or https) which is not much of an issue with us because we no longer log into CC using the MYSQL port.

Issues we have ran into is when a password is changed it can take up to a day for the password to "sync" with LT.

There is no import from AD so you have to add the users needing access to LT. Make sure the usernames match.

We used it for about 3 days. The fact that password changes aren't immediately synced and that users still have to be manually created and match the active directory users meant that it wasn't worth the effort. Having it simply authenticate through the dc, allowing the users to exist only in active directory with needed groups for the user classes would have been awesome, but that is not the case, unfortunately.

I appreciate everyone's input. Basically confirms to me that it's not what we are looking for, unfortunately.