Brandon

WMI Dashing

Has anyone tried setting up widgets for WMI queries? Examples could be memory or CPU usage, etc. It would be an integer value being returned.

Has anyone tried setting up widgets for WMI queries? Examples could be memory or CPU usage, etc. It would be an integer value being returned.

I know for sure you would need another ruby gem bundled in with your existing project. A list of gems can be found at https://rubygems.org/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=wmi. Personally, i'd go for wmi-lite as it doesn't require anything other than ruby (no random dependencies etc...).

First, download the gem: sudo gem install wmi-lite

Then add it to the bottom of your Gemfile (/opt/dashing/rmm_hud/Gemfile): gem 'wmi-lite'

Then bundle up your dash again: sudo bundle install

Now... for the next part... http://www.rubydoc.info/gems/wmi-lite/1.0.0.

ikiUgBa.png

;)

Just been thinking about this a little more and IF the WMI is already in the LT database then you just use SQL to pull the info out as the dashing is already setup. So really you don't NEED the wmi gem to do this. I may have over complicated your process there, but hey.. at least you know now how to do it to on servers that have network connectivity to your dashing. See if ya can pull WMI for the LT server.. that data would make for some good info!! :)

This would be for monitoring the server directly so I would be independent of LT all together in that respect. We have a few KPI's we're watching for Windows performance that let us know when trouble is coming so putting it on a dashboard instead of logging into the server and watching perf mon would be much better use of time. I'll add the WMI-Lite gem and see what happens. Thanks for the help.