kspooner

New Custom LabTech Web Portal

Good Morning LTG!

"New Portal?" you are saying with intense curiosity.

Login Page:

http://i.imgur.com/BoRGoM5.png

This is the main page:

http://i.imgur.com/OMPtRmz.png

This is the "Client Detail" page:

http://i.imgur.com/YDOWhot.png

Dark Style:

http://i.imgur.com/Mwoavfx.png

So, here are the details. I have included the RAR file to this page. Please follow the instructions, and note this the full version It could still break everything you hold dear (should not affect anything with Agent's, or the like). I have included instructions with the files, its basiclly Copy/Paste - Overwrite.

So you still want the download then? Great! I have included it below. Please read the instructions within the RAR file, and please make sure to take a backup of your C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WCC2 folder (default installation).

Current Release:

-----------------------------------------

New Charting has been added. IT is a highly customizable system. If you want to take on the advanced features you are more than welcome to. Basic cusomtization is on a README in the file.

1oRsXkF.png

Old Releases:

This is the full version. Some changes were made from the RC's, and will overwrite ANY changes you made on your side. Make a backup of any custom changes you want to keep.

NOTE: I will assist if I can. If for some reason it breaks, just restore from your backup. If you need assistance post here, with screenshots if you can.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

10.5b2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnxlhvyqdbt88v5/LabTechPortal105Beta2.rar?dl=1

11b1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjawryoyq74s4r1/LT11_Beta_v1.1.rar?dl=1

Styles.rar is the container for all custom styles. Use at your own risk.

Styles.rar

LTPortal_1_1_Patch.rar

LTPortal_1.1.rar

Edited by Guest

+1 on this. We have installed and tested as well. Great Job Kyle. This is a very clean interface. In side by side comparisons with the existing LT Portal, this new LT Portal was more efficient and speeds were easily 10x faster on screen load times.

Thank you Kyle for all your hard work and allowing me to participate in trials. :)

-jeff

Kyle...

This has genuinely made me change my stance on the WEB Portal with the product. Now, I will use it more often and most importantly... not shy away from it when Clients ask for this feature!! I'll be happy to send everyone to the portal!!

Thanks for letting me trial this too during the initial development and I, and I'm sure a lot more of the community will, Thank You for all your efforts on this one!!

HUGE HUGE +1 man!! - Love it!!

Regards,

MK.

Hi Kspooner,

Any chance you can upload the instructions , they seem to be missing on the RAR file

Thanks

I've updated the file to include the instructions

I copied all the files over and none of the controls are returning data for me. I have restarted iis several times. I looked in the event log and I am getting this warning....

Log Name: Application

Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0

Date: 3/17/2015 1:55:18 PM

Event ID: 1309

Task Category: Web Event

Level: Warning

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DPT_LT01

Description:

Event code: 3005

Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.

Event time: 3/17/2015 1:55:18 PM

Event time (UTC): 3/17/2015 5:55:18 PM

Event ID: dd38136535fc4a89b5f600928ba342e0

Event sequence: 48

Event occurrence: 1

Event detail code: 0

Application information:

Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/LabTech-1-130710885012291102

Trust level: Full

Application Virtual Path: /LabTech

Application Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\LabTech\

Machine name: DPT_LT01

Process information:

Process ID: 178812

Process name: w3wp.exe

Account name: IIS APPPOOL\LabTech

Exception information:

Exception type: NullReferenceException

Exception message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Request information:

Request URL:

Request path:

User host address:

User:

Is authenticated: False

Authentication Type:

Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\LabTech

Thread information:

Thread ID: 16

Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\LabTech

Is impersonating: False

Stack trace: at LabTech.Global.Application_End(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Custom event details:

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

DPT_LT01

An unhandled exception has occurred.

3/17/2015 1:55:18 PM

3/17/2015 5:55:18 PM

dd38136535fc4a89b5f600928ba342e0

/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/LabTech-1-130710885012291102

Full

/LabTech

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\LabTech\

DPT_LT01

w3wp.exe

IIS APPPOOL\LabTech

NullReferenceException

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

False

IIS APPPOOL\LabTech

IIS APPPOOL\LabTech

False

at LabTech.Global.Application_End(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Yea MS Events tell me nothing with errors.

Try just copying the WCC2/Styles, /views, /scripts folders over.

Hi Dpegram,

I think the issue is related to the V2 .NET use on the IIS pool

You need to change it to V4 .Net version on WCC2

Hi Kspooner,

Any chance you can upload the instructions , they seem to be missing on the RAR file

Thanks

I've updated the file to include the instructions

===================

Thanks Kspooner it an awesome webInterface

A small minor issue :) the Search "filtering" option isn't working on all pages,

It works only on the main page and Clients page !!!

Thanks

No. Most of the Jquery template code was removed. The new code can be hand-edited (for changes and such) with the "Bootstrap.css" "Responsive_Template.css" files.

Jquery controls SOME of the displays, but its removal is for the better. The site is now more mobile/small scree friendly and some speed improvements.

I do plan to release some "Template" files so if you want to suggest some "Generic ;)" colors scheme's I will consider it.

That is good news, overall the theme looks fine I would just need to go in and edit colors to match our company colors. I have the html color codes so if I just need to change those in the css files that will be perfect.

Now the only trouble I have still (with the default WCC2) is with login authentication ever since we did the ldap integration we get denied login 9 out of 10 times, does this touch the auth stuff at all and will it work with ldap integrated?

I am not LDAP integrated.

None of the code touches Auth modules, although since it is code from 2012 I wouldn't put it past it having issues with the new javascript from bootstrap.

This is awesome. We've found an issue though with users who had never logged into the old portal. Here's the error...

Server Error in '/WCC2' Application.

SELECT command denied to user 'xxxxx'@'localhost' for column 'Password' in table 'users'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: SELECT command denied to user 'xxxxx'@'localhost' for column 'Password' in table 'users'

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MySqlException (0x80004005): SELECT command denied to user 'xxxxx'@'localhost' for column 'Password' in table 'users']

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket() +272

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId) +69

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId) +17

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force) +110

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() +783

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +1743

MySql.Data.Entity.EFMySqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +33

System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +10

System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior) +427

[EntityCommandExecutionException: An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details.]

System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior) +497

System.Data.Objects.Internal.ObjectQueryExecutionPlan.Execute(ObjectContext context, ObjectParameterCollection parameterValues) +729

System.Data.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.GetResults(Nullable`1 forMergeOption) +131

System.Data.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable.GetEnumerator() +36

System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault(IEnumerable`1 source) +179

System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.b__2(IEnumerable`1 sequence) +40

System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.ExecuteSingle(IEnumerable`1 query, Expression queryRoot) +59

System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute(Expression expression) +133

System.Data.Entity.Internal.Linq.DbQueryProvider.Execute(Expression expression) +60

System.Linq.Queryable.SingleOrDefault(IQueryable`1 source, Expression`1 predicate) +287

LabTech.Data.Repositories.UsersRepository.GetByUsername(String username) +508

LabTech_Web.UserPermissions.LoadPermissions() +38

LabTech_Web.UserPermissions.set_UnitOfWork(IUnitOfWork value) +20

LabTech.Data.UnitOfWorkFactory.CreateUnitOfWork(IAccessPermissions permissions) +127

LabTech_Web.Services.LoginService.Login(String username, String password, String token, Boolean persistCookie) +2345

LabTech_Web.Controllers.HomeController.LogIn(LogInModel vm) +119

lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +104

System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +14

System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +181

System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +27

System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass42.b__41() +28

System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.b__7(IAsyncResult _) +10

System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +50

System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +32

System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass39.b__33() +58

System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4f.b__49() +225

System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4f.b__49() +225

System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass37.b__36(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10

System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +34

System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2a.b__20() +24

System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass25.b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +99

System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +27

System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +14

System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +23

System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +55

System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +39

System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +29

System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10

System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +25

System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +31

System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +9651188

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34212

Look in the database LabTech, and the Table "Users"

See if the last failed login is -1 for the new user. Happened to me, it seems to be an LT error. You can also make sure they have the "Read" permission under "user" class in the permissions box.

how does this work with LT10? Looks sweet though!!

This works fine with LabTech 10. Kyle did a great job with this. Improves the Web CC by 50-80% on all aspects. I definitely recommend installing this.

-jeff

I'll be wrapping up the fixes and a few other improvements in the next release (should be next week). Just an FYI.

I'll be wrapping up the fixes and a few other improvements in the next release (should be next week). Just an FYI.

This is awesome ... i installed it few days ago. I made couple of changes, e.g. the 'View Details' links on the 4 homepage sections didn't work so i just removed them. It's slick, looks good on the eye ... thank you.

Oh yea, the view details link were ment to open to the computers (or proper section) with criteria. Never got around to removing it until I could get the proper code in place.