Kirk Henry

AWS deployment

I see that some people are running Labtech on AWS. Whats the advantages and disadvantages of this. What sort of amazon configuration do I need to run this efficiently? How about if I where just to run the ScreenConnect server on AWS?

Hey Kirk,

I assume you are talking about hosting your on-premise server in AWS and not LabTech's Cloud offering? I can only comment on the cloud offering in terms of advantages and disadvantages. In terms of ScreenConnect, yes you can host your SC server in AWS. LabTech will not host it for you but if you have an AWS account you can host it. Also, I have heard that a ScreenConnect cloud offering is coming soon.....

We are big into AWS and have our entire NOC in the cloud. Works wonderfully!

We use a Compute Optimized instance (X-Large) I believe and it hosts both the SC services as well as the LT services and database. We use a IPSEC hardware VPN between us and the VCP that holds our NOC systems which provides us with the ability to map in the L drive. We also setup a Terminal server with a Remote LT Console App so that offsite techs could launch remote app and get the same L drive mappings and features of a local console from anywhere.

Very awesome to operate LT console from my Galaxy S6.

rdp-galaxy.png.c3955ca769802591b12b7411b1dab4d7.png

• Like 1

We have LabTech in AWS. We use a regular (m3) XL instance (I don't see a nee for a compute optimized at this point we have about 700 agents and use way more RAM than CPU)

We also have the Screen connect server in AWS. It all seems to be working pretty good.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.