jh01

Help with DataView creation (Memory)

I'm trying to create a DataView that will show me all windows computers with less than 4GB of ram. I'm getting stuck because instead of showing total memory it's showing me each module. Thanks for any help!

I think I figured it out finally. I was using the memory module data view as a starting point and that is why i kept getting my information broken down. I started instead from the OS data view and that did the trick.

Hi,

how can you save it ?

I tried many time to save after changes but it fails.

No error message, but after saving and reopen it, i find that there are no changes..

Thanks

If you are on LT10 the dataview creator is broken. It has never been a supported feature and as such may not ever get fixed. maybe if LT gets enough complaints about it they will consider it supportable.

The Dataview creator added an insane level of customization. I LOVED it! I know it can be made to kind of work by manually editing the SQL in lt 10. But it would be very nice to have it fully functional again!

Guest zarobhr

I am creating a new working Dataview Creator I have a lot more work on it but I should have something soon thqat you can atleast modify and save them

Is there any update on this. I spent a bunch of time creating a custom data view only to find out I can't save it. I do have it exported to a SQL file. Is there a version that works yet and if so, can it load the SQL file I exported and then save it to the database? If there isn't a fix yet, has anyone been able to successfully insert the record into the SQL table? Thanks.

I was able to save out my dataview to a SQL file, then modified the SQL file to fix the issues that the dataview creator couldn't. Part of it is the naming and the table layout, which I just compared to one that already existed. I believe I had to add the folder as well to import to. It's hokey, but if you absolutely need it, it will work.

There are some fixes for the dataview creator in LT 10.5. The issues I encountered we related to the loading and saving of permissions on the dataviews. So you can look forward to at least that working soon. I am not sure what other issues the dataview creator has, but I was able to load and save them successfully with the permissions related fix in 10.5.

You could try setting the permission on the Dataview to SuperAdmin. That should prevent the issue related to permissions in LT10, but that may or may not be the issue you guys are experiencing. So I can not guarantee it is 100% working again in 10.5.

On a side note, back to the original question posed by jh01. If all you need is a list of windows computers with less than 4gb of ram, use a search instead of a dataview. Not only can you use this as a displayed list of machines, but a Search has the added benefit of being able to be used to auto-join those computers to a group. This can then be used for further automation against these computers, which is much more useful than just a list of computers.