Vitaliy S.

[GA] Veeam Endpoint Backup for LabTech

Yes, Veeam Endpoint backup is for guest OS backup, not ESXi hosts.

@wiredar good to hear that is it running rock solid for you!

Yes, did lots of demos at Automation Nation 2015 for this integration, and the feedback was absolutely fantastic! Will let you guys know if we decide to have a public beta for this.

I just watched the Webinar on the Endpoint Plugin, and if im understanding properly, is there going to be a paid version of the Endpoint Backup as well? and if so, do you have any info on cost? We have a couple clients that are very interested in this for their workstations, however if we have to pay to manage the endpoints, its something we will need to build into the agreement.

Yes, Veeam Endpoint Backup for LabTech is not going to be free. Centralized management, remote installation and multiple job configurations will be available in paid version only. Information about the cost is going to be available closer to the release. We are aiming to make it available this summer.

This plug-in is going to be available in Q3. Currently our QA team is finalizing all stress tests and we will hand over the RTM bits to LabTech team for reviewing and publishing it in the Solution Center.

@damadhatter, Yes this is our latest build for Veeam B&R plug-in, but Josh asked about plug-in for Veeam Endpoint Backup which is a new paid product coming from Veeam and LabTech.

Good to know, I have LabTech support blaming database issues on the Veeam plugin at the moment.

Per support....

"There are/were problems with the plugin calling some stored procedures on the database that was causing table locks causing problems with the database. one of the symptoms being excessive offline server alerts."

It should not be an issue any longer. LabTech support has all the fixes and configuration recommendations from our side to try to resolve that.

They used to do it, right now they should not. We have regular calls with their support team and so far I didn't hear similar feedback anymore.

If you're still receiving this answer or fixes they have do not help, then please let me know your case ID, so I could take a look at your issue with our dev team over the remote WebEx session.

Well they haven't mentioned any fixes. My server has issues, it has always had issues. Support isn't going to be to helpful, its basically like court where I have to prove them wrong on each point. The Veeam plugin has been the latest excuse they are using, I told them I will remove it completely, but I would like some more details as to what fixes you have in place.

Yes, sure, here you go:

1. if you're using Backup Manager plug-in from LabTech, then you might see high CPU Usage during data import procedures.

2. Depending on the load of your MySQL database, we recommend to change default scheduling option (data collection script) to 12 hours.

The next update will have optimized procedures for data import (main focus), should solve all currently known problems.

P.S. Let's continue our discussion in the VBR topic in order not to confuse people reading this topic about Veeam Endpoint Backup.

The Veeam Endpoint Backup plugin is slated to be released in Q3. Is that still the case or has it been pushed back to Q4? We are really looking forward to this plugin and want to get our hands on it ASAP. Are their any beta programs for the plugin that we can get into? Any information on a release date would be greatly appreciated.