Vitaliy S.

[GA] Veeam Endpoint Backup for LabTech

Yes, our plan is still to release it this quarter, should happen within 1-2 weeks. The launch is going to be handled by LabTech team, so please contact LabTech sales reps for more details on the date.

BTW, if you would like to be notified about all product launches for MSPs and especially for LabTech, then you can register in our forums and apply for membership in Veeam Cloud Provider forum group. This will allow you to be part of very active private forum for Veeam service providers. The only requirement for this is to be part of our VCP program, which is absolutely free.

Guys,

We have just went live with this solution, thank you all for your feedback, WebEx calls, and meetings at Automation Nation!

Veeam Endpoint Backup for LabTech:

Released on: September 17th, 2015

RTM version: Version: 1.0.0.109

Download Link: http://www.veeam.com/labtech-plug-in.html

Release Notes: http://www.veeam.com/veeam_labtech_endpoint_plugin_1_0_release_notes_rn.pdf

User Guide: http://helpcenter.veeam.com/labtech/endpoint/10/

Blog post: http://www.veeam.com/blog/general-availability-endpoint-backup-for-labtech.html

This product should also be available through LabTech Solution Center.

P.S. Important! When you register on our website to download the license key, make sure you choose LabTech as the preferred aggregator.

Installed the plugin and have everything activated, however when attempting to open the tab, i recieve an error, "Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\LabTech Client\Interop.VeeamLicense.dll" is denied. Suggestions?

Installed the plugin and have everything activated, however when attempting to open the tab, i recieve an error, "Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\LabTech Client\Interop.VeeamLicense.dll" is denied. Suggestions?

Just noticed this in release notes. Maybe has to do with your issues.

Veeam Endpoint Backup for LabTech cannot be used unless the LabTech Control Center Client is started under the 'Run As Admin’ account.

The only other issue i have noticed is when you first install the plugin, the group "Veeam Endpoint Backup" has two scripts scheduled, the "Collect Veeam Endpoint Backup Data" and the "Check Veeam Endpoint Backup Version" script. However, the Check Version script is marked as a function script, so when it first tries to run, the scheduled script called reverts to the first one in the alphabetical list (for us this was a forced reboot script...lucky we were only testing internally.)

I did some digging, and it does not appear either the "Check Veeam Enpoint Backup Version", or the "Check Veeam Endpoint Backup Activation Service" scripts are called by any other script, despite being marked as a function script.

I just had to rip out this plugin - showing the same issues as the other Veeam plugin. Servers go offline/online.

I'll throw it on my dev server and try to replicate the issue for support. A bit annoyed that something like this is published in the solutions center with known issues (even by LabTech support).

@Sam, you can remote a functional tag for this script. In this script we check possible updates/hotfixes available for VEB, that's why it was marked as functional.

@amw3000, can you please tell me how many VEB installation did you have? Did you see these alerts during backup window of LT database? Yes, I agree that opening a support case is a good idea, cause you see the same behavior with a completely different plug-in, which has nothing in common with a VBR one. It could be something environmental specific, but I would prefer to double-check that. Let me know your case ID, once yo do this, so I could ask our lead developers to take a look at this.

Vitaliy - Are these Veeam plugins based off the same engine? It's kind of weird that I'm seeing the exact same behavior for both plugins but I have several other plugins enabled. I had zero VEB installations enabled. I'll get things fired up later in the week.

Just as a side note, Does Veeam offer any type of NFR licenses for this? We are a Veeam partner.

That's the thing, these plug-ins due to different nature of VBR and Endpoint are different as well, that's why I'm a bit surprised you see the same issue. Is it a default monitor that is fired or this is something you've configured yourself?

We might have NFR license keys available. Can you drop me an email to vsafarov @ veeam.com with a license query, so that I could forward it to our licensing department for clarification?

Guys, just a quick update for all Veeam Cloud Providers (VCP) that would like to use NFR keys for Veeam Endpoint Backup. I have forwarded this request to our team, and it should be available a bit later.

Thanks for all the updates. I seem to have gotten everything working with exception of recovery media collection creation. I get the attached error on all endpoints I am trying.

Thanks

Jeffrey

59ec9439e2bfe_VeeamError.jpg.7fa2ccea40ccea92e7c26e8fa7c65ccc.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply Vitaliy. I am testing Windows 8.1 Professional and WIndows 10 Professional. Our labtech is v100.332

Thanks,

Jeffrey

Jeffrey, can you please contact our support team (cp.veeam.com) with the logs package from this folder in Veeam Endpoint Backup computer - C:\ProgramData\Veeam?

Please exclude this folder from the package (endpointData) and include these registry keys:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Labtech
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Labtech

Once you do this, please let me know your case ID, so I could also monitor it.

To update the thread with the resolution - on these computers the registry keys that are used during Recovery Media creation were located not in the expected place. Our support team has a hotfix for this.

This is great. I just wish there was an option to send files straight to a cloud storage provider like AWS, Azure, or etc.

@Netswat, that's a good FR, I agree. It's not exactly what you're asking, but you can already send backups to Azure (via Cloud Connect) infrastructure. Are you using Cloud Connect in your infrastructure?

Hi guys,

Just wanted to start a discussion regarding Veeam Endpoint Backup and possible integration with LabTech.

If you're not aware, we have recently released a free backup product for protection of user endpoints > Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE

I would appreciate to hear your wishlist of features you believe are must have in the first version of the plug-in. We already have an existing topic in Veeam Community forums > Feature Request - Labtech Plugin Integration, so if you have anything to add, please do ;)

Thanks!

Update (September, 17th)

Veeam Endpoint Backup for LabTech has just gone live and can be downloaded via this link.

We suggest Veeam to all out customers using VMware (about 50) yet we are not able to register for VCP is there any other way of getting this plugin?

jonny190, can you please send me a bit more details (to vsafarov @ veeam.com) on why you can't register as VCP? Is there an issue with approval process? If this is the case, let me see what I can do for you.

Just a small update for all of you who are planning to upgrade to LabTech v10.5.

Our current version (1.0.0.109) is fully compatible with the new version of LabTech, however we will be releasing an updated build next Wednesday (9th of December) that will have full support for ScreenConnect and will not require local admin credentials, when using the plug-in.