Hikato

Removing ScreenConnect Client

This is a simple script that will grab the uninstall command from the LabTech DB for every installed instance of ScreenConnect. If you have 5 installed instances for some reason, the script will try to remove them all.

If the script does not find an msiexec uninstall line from the registry, it will simply continue on and notify you that there was a failure.

If you guys have any issues, please post them here or shoot me a PM on IRC.

-Tyler

Remove ScreenConnect.zip

This script is better than what I had....thanks for sharing.

I made a slight modification to the script so it will remove the corresponding row for the ComputerID in the plugin_screenconnect_scinstalled table in sql. That way the computer will reflect that SC is not installed and it can be reinstalled if needed.

Modified Script:

-jeff

Remove ScreenConnect.7z

Jeff,

I know this seems weird but I cannot find where that script deployed to. Do you know what folder it defaults in?

I believe it will be imported to the root of the scripts folder. If you cannot locate it, double click on the scripts folder to open the Dataview and then search for it by name.

Remove ScreenConnect.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

This script works perfectly! It was placed under Scripts\Software\.Net 4.0 for me

Glad this script worked well for you. We have found it very useful at our offices to resolve systems where SC fails. We simply run script and then allow SC to redeploy.

Can't say why it showed up in the folder it did though, very odd.

Jeff

Has anyone written an install screenconnect script? I do not see anyway to do it other then running the wizard.

we just run the update plugins command to install SC. You can also use the msi located in the packages folder to silently install. Lookup how to silently install using the msiexec command and script the command that way.

Has anyone written an install screenconnect script? I do not see anyway to do it other then running the wizard.

I attached a script that you can use to (re)install ScreenConnect. It will resend software, if ScreenConnect is installed, it will remove it using LT's built in uninstaller for ScreenConnect. If you wanted, you could make it call my script to uninstall then install using Labtech's built in install command.

I wrote my own Install script that pulls straight from the ScreenConnect server to auto deploy to CustomPropery1 as the LT Client and CustomProperty2 as the Location so it auto sorts on the web. I'll be releasing a how to guide for that soon, along with the script.

installsc.rar

Hikato,

Perfect timing. I will test it today and let you know how it goes. Lesson learned do not try to use 1 SC server and then decide to split into 2. I have corrupted everything on about 1300 machines. The remove screenconnect script seems to have worked great but there are a few issues with systems that had the service stopped. It left the service and a couple of config files in the install directory.

Any Ideas for removing JUST the system tray icon?

Don't want to uninstall ScreenConnect, just want to script to remove the icon

Thank you, this is awesome! I was really disapointed that Labtech didnt build this into the offboarding script.

Again, thank you!!

This script completely saved my ass after changing server ports to 443 and the LT SC plugin failed miserably at removing all existing installations--and global deploy would not overwrite with new. Thank you so much for this!

This script is awesome. How hard would it be to remove all versions accept the most recent installation of ScreenConnect?

Our SC server had to be reinstalled three times in a single month which caused a lot of zombie SC services to run in the background.

Any one else have to clean that up?

Sorry for the lack of replies everyone..

You're all welcome. I was damn near pulling my hair out with rogue installs from issues with SC server installs...

To make it exempt install(s) of SC.. right click line 10 (should be the "IF @sqlUninstall@ Not Contains msiexec THEN Jump to :RowCheck" line) and do Add. Make it match this, replacing the (xx) with the ID of SC you want to keep:

727dd8da55.png

Hikato,

Maybe this was addressed and I am missing it.  Can this script be modified to remove all ScreenConnect clients except ones we have installed?   

On 1/27/2019 at 4:52 AM, jhozeska said:

Hikato,

Maybe this was addressed and I am missing it.  Can this script be modified to remove all ScreenConnect clients except ones we have installed?   

That's literally the content of the post above yours. Insert a new step at step 10, configured as shown. Replace "XXXXX" with your ID. Jumping to ":RowCheck" will jump to the end of the loop, skipping your instance.