Jagjeet

Reboot Schedule Plugin for LabTech

Guest LG2015

I'm unable to install Plugin for Labtech 10.5, says there was an error uploading the new plugin. Also, we will be upgrading soon to version 11, will it work with that version too?

We have had problems scheduling reboots as well {not with the plugin} just in general. LT 11 patching has brought this as part of the patching upgrade, but while we wait, I was hoping someone had hammered out a 'scheduled reboot' script that worked with LT 10.5.... guess not... oh well. I have added to this posting our current script we were using that did work up until about 6 months ago (patching the server, updated solution center items who knows). Currently it runs and notifies us if it does not run 30 minutes after the 'scheduled' reboot. Maybe someone has some thoughts on how to make this work?

Scheduled Reboot_.zip

Hi, is this compatible with 10.5 as when I try to install the plugin it fails? "There was an error uploading the new plugin"

Thanks

Mark

ours at least... cannot speak for the others... works in 10.5 which is our environment.

Hi, is this compatible with 10.5 as when I try to install the plugin it fails? "There was an error uploading the new plugin"

Thanks

Mark

Thanks

Mark

This isn't normally a compatibility issue, but a security issue. Right click on the DLL > Properties > Unblock > OK. You most likely will have to install the plugin from a different computer then what you have already tried and failed.

itinbusiness.

Yeah had the same problem. It's a Windows security issue. Right Click on the DLL file and select "Unblock". close and reopen Labtech and the import should work.

labtech%20reboot%20error%20fix_zpshau9mm8k.png

I hope this is still being monitored by the Plugin author.

I am trying to remove this plugin as it created two tiles/tabs in Computer Management for Reboot Schedule.

I have disabled and removed the plugin from the Plugin Manager, deleted the DLL in \plugins and verified the plugin isn't listed in the database.

This removed one of the two tiles but I still have one Reboot Schedule tile appearing in Computer Management.

How can all traces of the v1 plugin be cleared from Automate?

Hi Jeff,

Please follow the following steps:

1. make you removed the plugin from plugins manager. To cross check it, Check database table called plugins, remove the plugin from there if it exist.

2. close control center and restart labtech's critical services.

3. Check LabTech\plugins folder in programfiles. if you find the rebootschedule.dll there, remove it.

4. check programdata\labtech plugins\%fqdnFolder%\rebootschedule.dll remove it too.

Plugin should be removed from your system.

Thank you

Sankalpi, this is just awesome!

One of the major hurdles MSPs have with Patching is the follow up reboots.  Patch Remedy can really use this plugin to assist it with after patching and scheduled reboots. We have posted a link to your website page for this plugin in our Patch Remedy forums so we can let other MSPs know how to get a hold of this plugin. Will save them in trying to write custom reboot scripts to manage after update reboots.

Very cool!!

Edited by Cubert

16 hours ago, Cubert said:

SankalpIT, this is just awesome!

One of the major hurdles MSPs have with Patching is the follow up reboots.  Patch Remedy can really use this plugin to assist it with after patching and scheduled reboots. We have posted a link to your website page for this plugin in our Patch Remedy forums so we can let other MSPs know how to get a hold of this plugin. Will save them in trying to write custom reboot scripts to manage after update reboots.

Very cool!!

Thank you Shannon!

I tried to read all of the post but didn't' see it or was blind.  But the one issue I have with the auto reboot from Automate is that if my server glitches or I have to reboot my Automate server, it sends out a reboot command to all of the computers that I have this setup on.  I normally have it set to reboot all of the work stations each morning at 4am.  

My questions is that if a scheduled reboot gets missed, and or my server glitches.  Once I reboot the server will it send reboot commands to the work stations or skip the missed command and run the next one.  

Thanks for the info, 

Chad. 

52 minutes ago, cvolkers said:

I tried to read all of the post but didn't' see it or was blind.  But the one issue I have with the auto reboot from Automate is that if my server glitches or I have to reboot my Automate server, it sends out a reboot command to all of the computers that I have this setup on.  I normally have it set to reboot all of the work stations each morning at 4am.  

My questions is that if a scheduled reboot gets missed, and or my server glitches.  Once I reboot the server will it send reboot commands to the work stations or skip the missed command and run the next one.  

Thanks for the info, 

Chad. 

Hello Chad,

In any way, If scheduled is missed then plugin will send reboot commands on next schedule. Hope it clears everything :).

Just I want to clear one more thing that It won't detect machines to reboot.

Please have see the docs here https://sankalpit.com/reboot-schedule-plugin-for-labtech/

thank you,

Jagjeet Singh

I purchased it and I was able to get it installed, but when I go to the Reboot Schedule, this is what I see. 

1030149316_rebootschedulenotreg.thumb.PNG.e134b9b9714adf9393a900c96e9491ee.PNGnly thing in there is -9999

Are there any reviews on this plugin running on Version 12 I'm on the fence about this plugin. Does it matter if you endpoints are on a domain or in a work group? I manage both across various clients.