gio.stefani

LT 10 Generating Duplicate/Triplicate Monitors

Are other partners having this issue? We are having issues after enabling "Onboarding". Most of the Performance Monitors (and others) are being duplicated and triplicated in the MySQL DB. LT Support has identified this as a bug in LT 10. This is generating 2 or 3 tickets per monitor event. In addition it is skewing the client reports we have to provide as part of our SLA. The sense of urgency to remedy this issue is unknown. We can't wait till the next maintenance release which could be months away. I guess they need to hear from other partners that too are having this issue. So bring up one of your servers, go to the monitors tab and look for duplicates of the same monitor (attached is a screenshot). You can just delete them because they are controlled by a group. Maybe I should submit an invoice to LT for my time to clean up their mess. You can't access SQL because it's "Cloud" and we don't have access to our desktop instance. I would encourage other partners to put pressure on CW/LT to fix this bug. It's amazing to me that companies release products with no QC, lack of regression testing, etc., and expect us to pay monthly.

59ec9437e5dfa_BP-SRV1DuplicateampTriplicateMonitors.jpg.57ba0edc326248ef12ec2f8c7a7519b7.jpg

Hi Gio,

Same here with our own LabTech server with LT10.5. However a slight change is that our triplicated monitors are all based on the management packs. (as it seems). Reporten the bug only yesterday so don't have a status update. Did you hear any possible solution? Cleaning all monitors @ 850 servers is not something I wish to do manual.

Bas

Good news... almost.

My Duplicates where created by conflicts between group monitors and Management Packs. LT advised to update 10.5 to patch3 but the problem was caused by updating labtech ignite packs via the solution center.

From all duplicate monitors, just one was controlled by the management pack and the other(s) controlled by groups.

So, I know Patch3 should fix something and solution center updates should be installed very carefull to avoid this from happening again.

Now the next challenge: How to get rid of the duplicates!? Removeing a remote monitor includes removing history, state, agents and a lot more I guess. Would be nice to have a script or query to run. Anyone got a brilliant idea? Looking at 800+ servers so give me a week to clean up and a broken mouse ;-)

We had the same problem with 10.5 and we were told by the LT technician that we talked to that we should call in and talk to 2 separate technicians before updating ignite. If we get the same answer from both technicians, then we are safe to update. That doesn't give me much confidence in updating this product through their own update process. Just thought i would share what the technician said to us.