Greg.Buerk

Dashing on LabTech (as a Plugin)

I'm not the best with Ruby, but would something like this help the performance issues on 2012 (R2 & nonR2) ... http://www.helicontech.com/zoo/

or would it just add even more load?? Seems that this a tool of choice when running Ruby on a windows box that is also running IIS.

Just my .02. If this suggestion is way off the mark, then you can throw the .02 down the well ;)

I don't think that would fix our problems. I am thinking its the INSTALL of ruby, I am simply unzipping an install from my 2008 box. This is why you have to have it on the C: drive.

Now it also might be the version, maybe a newer version of ruby would work. This is why I listed all the GEMS I used, and as long as you have it installed in a RUBY193 folder on the C: drive with a Dash subfolder the plugin should generate and run the dashing.

are you the latest plugin? As this was an issue with an older version.

Remove the widget and then save the dashboard.

I can't remove any widgets, that's the problem.

How can I delete the whole thing and start again?

If you can not delete widgets then you have the older one.

To remove it, just uncheck it and then click the uninstall button.

To manually delete it, uncheck the plugin, delete the C:\Ruby193 folder and the Dashing tables.

what is the best widjet to show mysql data (name, address etc) to Dashing?

is there a tutorial for that?

You running Dashing on a Linux box or via the plugin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You running Dashing on a Linux box or via the plugin?

ubuntu 12.04 server

Ok great!

I'm half way through a full tutorial on how to set this up! Expect to see it here later today/tonight!! :)

Spoiler Alert: Hotness widget!

Ok great!

I'm half way through a full tutorial on how to set this up! Expect to see it here later today/tonight!! :)

Spoiler Alert: Hotness widget!

that would be gorgeous

So... a few things have changed on the Dash source code that have thrown a little spanner in the works, and I am working out the kinks and will have a guide posted here very soon!

I hope to get this up tomorrow, but in case my "real-job" gets in the way (lol) then it might be Thurs/Fri when this goes up.

I am working on this as much I can get spare time to, so something will be here very soon!

Apologies for the delay and Thank you for patience! :)

you mean like click on the dash item and then do something in labtech??? YES,. just set the widget to use a URL when clicked and then use the LABTECH:open? syntax. Its defined here on the geek.

can you pls tell me this http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19271831/ruby-and-mysql-how-to-get-the-returned-value-that-is-a-text-to-a-dashing-widge, for example, what other files need to work.

i'm trying to understand the whole structure.

thx in advance for the voluntary support

I can help you with this. I've got dashing running on the new source code now so I need to get that doc out to you guys & girls so you can see how it works.

You in IRC often?? If so... Catch me in there! If not... Then get your ass on there!! lol

Speak to ya soon.

Hi Guys,

First off, Dashing is incredible, great work! We are new Labtech partners and Dashing was one of the first things we installed.

Everything is running smoothly with the exception of password protecting the dashes. I've set a username and password, ticked Enable Login, saved, tried Rebuild and Restart Server. No matter what, we're never prompted for credentials when we access the dashboard through a browser. Moreover, when I return to the dash config, the Enable Login checkbox has unchecked itself. Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

Hey,

Just tried to install on Server 2012 R2 and LT 60.239 and I am getting error. "An Error occurred: Duplicate entry `1-` for key `Command`"

Tried to install DashingInstaller, IPManagementInstaller and LabTechExport.... all the same error...

Anyone seeing this issue?

No issues on LT 2013

Hey,

Just tried to install on Server 2012 R2 and LT 60.239 and I am getting error. "An Error occurred: Duplicate entry `1-` for key `Command`"

Tried to install DashingInstaller, IPManagementInstaller and LabTechExport.... all the same error...

No issues on LT 2013

I have experienced this issue with the Duplicate entry after the 262 patch install. I have reported to Dev as a bug. Support has responded with the typical 120 day to resolution.

I have found a half dozen locations within LabTech where this error is produced since patching to .262. Areas I have seen this are as follows:

Dataviews, Computers, Locations, Clients, Groups, Searches.

I have updated LT with each scenario. Hopefully there will be resolution soon.

-jeff

Hey,

No issues on LT 2013

In my experience, and regardless of OS... what I do when installing multiple plugins "at once" is WAIT about 30 seconds between installing each one. This gives the DBAgent time to refresh/reload between each install, as you cannot install a plugin against a DBAgent that is not running.

I have never had issues doing it this way.

Hi Greg,

I have to say: great work! easy to use and after solving the Server 2012 bug is worked like a charm. Even your support guys at LabTech were stunned ;-)

Got one question and I hope you can tell because I was not able to find it on google: The Number widget shows number between 0 and 999 but once it reached 1000, it rounds off at 1K, 1.1K, 1.2K etc. Any idea how to let it show the exact numer? (eg 1038 in stead of 1.0K)

Regards,

Bas

Hi Greg,

I have to say: great work! easy to use and after solving the Server 2012 bug is worked like a charm. Even your support guys at LabTech were stunned ;-)

Got one question and I hope you can tell because I was not able to find it on google: The Number widget shows number between 0 and 999 but once it reached 1000, it rounds off at 1K, 1.1K, 1.2K etc. Any idea how to let it show the exact numer? (eg 1038 in stead of 1.0K)

Regards,

Bas

Currently the number widget is showing an INTEGER. Change the content of number.coffee to the following:

class Dashing.Number extends Dashing.Widget
 @accessor 'current', Dashing.AnimatedValue

@accessor 'difference', ->
   if @get('last')
     last = @parseValue(@get('last'))
     current = @parseValue(@get('current'))
     if last != 0
       diff = Math.abs(Math.round((current - last) / last * 100))
       "#{diff}%"
   else
     ""

@accessor 'arrow', ->
   if @get('last')
     if @parseValue(@get('current')) > @parseValue(@get('last')) then 'icon-arrow-up' else 'icon-arrow-down'

onData: (data) ->
   if data.status
     # clear existing "status-*" classes
     $(@get('node')).attr 'class', (i,c) ->
       c.replace /\bstatus-\S+/g, ''
     # add new class
     $(@get('node')).addClass "status-#{data.status}"

parseValue: (number) ->
   if number == parseInt(number, 10) then parseInt(number) else parseFloat(number)

Now it should show the VALUE!

I'm continuing to develop on this project, however..I'm running this on a Ubuntu box (as i originally had it... BEFORE Greg B. learned Ruby in a week and wrapped it into a plugin!) - That's totally true as well, was like 7 or 8 days! :shock:

Regards,

Hi Martyn,

In that case, my compliments to you as well. A true valued addition to LabTech for our company.

But you need to help me out a bit more please: Changed the value of number.coffee at the file C:\Ruby193\dash\testdash\widgets\number (because I was trying this in a new dash called TestDash) and just to be sure i've clicked "rebuild files" in the plugin from labtech. But still it shows 1.0K. Do I need to do anything more like restarting a service? Or did I change the wrong widget file?

Bas

Hi Guys,

I've got the latest version of this plugin installed and running server 2012 so also installed the fix as posted in this blog. All running fine and smooth but I got one bug and two future requests:

Bug: deleting a widget from a dash is not possible. I can delete it but after saving the dash, reloading files and checking again, the widget is back.

Request: the number widget shows 1.0K instead of 1038 for example. I've posted this already and received feedback, but this didn't solve it.

Request: When loading the dash page it shows all counters at 1 (or 0). It will load the actual value after a few minutes after the first refresh of the widget value. So an initial refresh when starting the page might be a solution.

Unfortunate om not an expert so I would be able to fix this myself. Hope this input is of any value to you.

Kind regards,

Bas

Hey Duvak...

Is it possible for you to jump in the IRC channel at some point today, by any chance??

It's on the freenode network and the channel is ##labtech.

I made quite a bit of progress on this yesterday and I've redone the way dashing works with the results in ruby.

If not, not to worry... But I think it would be a good idea to jump on it soon for a more flowing convo than filling the board! :)

PM me your available times for IRC and we'll go from there!

Thanks !!!