Greg.Buerk

Dashing on LabTech (as a Plugin)

Sorry, Back again.

Has anyone noticed an issue with the Number Widget? When starting the screen, it counts the value. But then it only refresh the "updated time" but not the value anymore. So for example: Got an offline master servers counter (by default in Greg's example dash). It shows 0 but when a server goes offline, it doens't show 1 but stay on 0.

Same query but in a Graph widget works fine and even de list widget shows offline servers. Hope anyone can tell what to do...

Bas

Can we confirm that the plugin download link on the first page of this thread is indeed the latest version of this plugin? I downloaded and installed that just recently (fresh install) and I am unable to remove widgets from the Labtech dash. I read through this and that was supposedly fixed in the newer version.

Hi Jack@arrc. Same here. But it's very easy to remove one via de database itself (if you have access to it). Browse trough your tables and find plugin_labtech_dashing_dashitems. In this table you find all items from all your dashes. JUst select one and delete it will delete it from the dash.

Mike,

Probably running dashing on a windows server (2012)? Look a few pages back in this post. You need to install Node.JS to get dashing to work well. And Chrome/firefox as you mentioned.

I installed node.JS (went to their site and downloaded). Restarted server, labtech, iss but still the pages are blank and grey :-(

ETA: Rebooted server and issue resolved. Nevermind

Dashing is a bit picky related to broswer. Google Chrome is the best browser. IE and edge are just showing a black/grey screen without widgets and Firefox will show but has issues with refesh.

Did you use Chrome?

Hello,

how can i change the color of the list widget, when list is not empty ?

I have a dashboard with several lists eg. offline servers, but i did not manage to do some kind of alerting .

Regards

Frank

I would like to advise to go for the Dashing on a seperate machine instead of using the plugin. The plugin is fine when using up to four dashes but takes a lot of system resources from you labtech server because every widget is running in a seperate Windows process and so using mem, CPU en resources.

Martyn made a wonderfull "how to" in this forum viewtopic.php?f=19&t=847

Using this does not takes any Linux knowledge if you just follow the steps.

Any news on updating the plug-in to work with the new version of Labtech, 10 (100.332)?

x2... We're running 10.5 here & our stock dashboard sucks.

Fire up a linux server and run it there. Save your server cpu cycles for more automation, you'll be much, much happier with a standalone linux dashing server.

I had to remove the Dashing plugin from my LT server; It was causing crashes on the LT Database; To remove; You need to stop the LabTech Database Agent service; Disable the Plugin; Delete the Plugin from the LT Plugins folder (x64) and then delete the Ruby folder on the C: drive; Then restart the DB Agent Service;

Does this work with LT 10.5?

I'm having issues with the black screen and I've tried to apply the node.js platform.

I would highly recommend NOT using the plugin for LabTech. Its MUCH more server intensive than linux which could be causing you issues with sql queries and performance.

Hi Guys,

Just installed the Dashing dashboard without any problems (just had to install Node.js + reboot server)

Question: in the dashboards you have several info like for example: dashboad LABTECH --> ALERTS IN THE SYSTEM

1. Can you adjust the amount of lines to show? Now showing just 1 line. I can see you can select LIST from dropdownbox, but the SQL\URL statement won't be working. So if someone can help me with that to show the last 30 alerts in a list form in that box/widget

2. Can you create an URL for a widget that opens a new window with all the alerts in a list? Or if you click on Tickets Today widget that is opens a list of all the tickets? Now just showing a number.

3. can the URL be interactive with Labtech control center?

Many thanks guys

Cheers

Kurt

HI Guys,

I've managed to create a list of all the alerts (minus informational) but all my alerts in that tille are aligned right ...

How can you align left?

Is there any more detailed information on how to create a widget? .. Like more info on the STYLE and what valid values you can use (some examples) ... ALERTING section how it exacly works with some examples ???

Thnx

Kurt

Hi Guys,

Anyone has experience with this dashing plugin?

I've managed to setup and it's up and running, but I have problems with the sql qeury buildup.

If I run the query on my database I get results, so my syntax is correct. But if I copy / past this is dashing plugin, it doesn't work.

Simple sql query who run perfectly in database (SQLyog) sometimes also run in dashing. But complexer don't run :-(

An example is:

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT ComputerID) AS VALUE FROM alerts WHERE Source LIKE '%UPTIME%' 

(this is simple query to view a number of all alerts that had UPTIME text in it)

This runs correctly on my db, but in dashing it return nothing

Cheers

Kurt

Hi Guys,

Anyone has experience with this dashing plugin?

I've managed to setup and it's up and running, but I have problems with the sql qeury buildup.

If I run the query on my database I get results, so my syntax is correct. But if I copy / past this is dashing plugin, it doesn't work.

Simple sql query who run perfectly in database (SQLyog) sometimes also run in dashing. But complexer don't run :-(

An example is:

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT ComputerID) AS VALUE FROM alerts WHERE Source LIKE '%UPTIME%' 

(this is simple query to view a number of all alerts that had UPTIME text in it)

This runs correctly on my db, but in dashing it return nothing

Cheers

Kurt

Can you post your job.rb file?