Greg.Buerk

Dashing on LabTech (as a Plugin)

Tried Grafana, however after a whole 5 hours could not manage to connect to the labtech database.

We have hosted labtech and MFA enabled. I tried disabling temporarily MFA but still no-go.

I used the details such as server url/ip, port, username and password as the ones used to connect from the client application. These details are entered in a MySQL datasource.

Any tips as probably I am missing something important.

Thanks in advance.

We use Grafana now, but our instance is self hosted located locally in our office.

as stated before this plugin is retired and the smashing plugin is not really used anymore.

hopefully someone can get back to you with a solution for this.

i assume you’ve checked how people are using grafana with gathering data from a remote location? 

I went through the docs on grafana website and seems to be quite easy to use. After a bit of testing I am guessing that labtech hosted environments do not allow accessing the database remotely for security reasons.

On 3/7/2019 at 12:40 PM, Kevin Carbonaro said:

Tried Grafana, however after a whole 5 hours could not manage to connect to the labtech database.

We have hosted labtech and MFA enabled. I tried disabling temporarily MFA but still no-go.

I used the details such as server url/ip, port, username and password as the ones used to connect from the client application. These details are entered in a MySQL datasource.

Any tips as probably I am missing something important.

Thanks in advance.

I use it on prem as well but grafana is case sensitive looking for the labtech name and the name of the databsase the default is lowercase labtech in both instances. 

2019-03-08_12h43_37.png