Greg.Buerk

Introduction to Custom Tabs

We have the same problem, we are running labtech 11 but have reverted back to using the old interface via a custom property setting that removes/hides the new interface.

What Custom Property???? I would like to do this but support told me there wasn't a way to do it.

Thanks

+1

Upgraded to LT11 tonight and sigh none of my tabs work! :/

I found it! viewtopic.php?f=21&t=198&start=175

Hi Greg,

Tested this Custom Tabs on our test environment today. Just what I was looking for. Great way to get the Patch Day EDF's back in Automate.

So wanted to implement it in our live environment but it simply doesn't install. Big difference is out live environment is a split-server setup.

Running the EXE on the App server: nothing (Not even a pop-up)

Running the EXE on the Webserver: ask for login, pass, url. Click install: nothing

Running the EXE on the DB server: Same as Webserver

Running the EXE on a client machine: App Crash (Windows 10)

Got any suggestions?

Workaround: Managed to install it from a Windows 7 machine

We have the same problem, we are running labtech 11 but have reverted back to using the old interface via a custom property setting that removes/hides the new interface.

What Custom Property???? I would like to do this but support told me there wasn't a way to do it.

Thanks

+1

Upgraded to LT11 tonight and sigh none of my tabs work! :/

That custom property is only for the Computer screen. Everything else should remain the same.

My tabs still work fine in LT11; if you have a custom tab for Computers (as opposed to Client or Location) you will need to open up the old Agent screen by holding Shift when double-clicking the agent. It used to be possible to use Dashboard->Config->Configurations->Properties and add a property to default the view, but it is not supported, and as I have not had it set that way for the past 5-8 builds or so, I'm not going to hunt for it to tell people how to do it (as it may break things when it did not before).

I would recommend reinstalling the plugin and seeing if it helps you.

Greetings,

I'm late to the party, having just discovered the Custom Tabs plugin. Only day 2 and already have done some incredibly useful things with it. Thank you to the developer!!

Does anyone know of a way to get the Custom Tabs to display in the new v11 Computer window? We can still get to the old computer window by holding shift on launch, but I've heard this will be REMOVED at some point in the future. So I want to know what kind of future I have with the Custom Tabs plugin before I fall deeper in love with it; -)

Thanks

On 9/22/2017 at 2:25 PM, shankwc said:

Greetings,

I'm late to the party, having just discovered the Custom Tabs plugin. Only day 2 and already have done some incredibly useful things with it. Thank you to the developer!!

Does anyone know of a way to get the Custom Tabs to display in the new v11 Computer window? We can still get to the old computer window by holding shift on launch, but I've heard this will be REMOVED at some point in the future. So I want to know what kind of future I have with the Custom Tabs plugin before I fall deeper in love with it; -)

Thanks

I'd like to know this as well. Doing a new Automate deployment and this was going to be the first thing I installed. If it's going to be unusable when the old interface goes away, I won't bother getting anyone attached to it.

I wanted to see if anyone has had any luck getting their custom tabs to work in Automate 12.  We were really only using 1 and since the forced new agent screen it no longer works.  I can see the custom tab under the Plugins view but when I click on it I just get a generic header that says "Custom Tabs, Build custom tabs on any LabTech screen" with a file folder image and the rest of the page is blank.  I've attempted creating various other tabs with different data types (WebPage, Data View, etc) with the same result: no data is displayed just the default Custom Tabs image and text.  Has anyone had any luck with this in v12?

On 5/3/2018 at 3:07 PM, rattrap17 said:

I wanted to see if anyone has had any luck getting their custom tabs to work in Automate 12.  We were really only using 1 and since the forced new agent screen it no longer works.  I can see the custom tab under the Plugins view but when I click on it I just get a generic header that says "Custom Tabs, Build custom tabs on any LabTech screen" with a file folder image and the rest of the page is blank.  I've attempted creating various other tabs with different data types (WebPage, Data View, etc) with the same result: no data is displayed just the default Custom Tabs image and text.  Has anyone had any luck with this in v12?

Nope, no luck. This was an extremely useful plugin too. 😟