Nemesis

OpenDNS Umbrella Client - Update 2

In an effort to fix an odd issue that I worked on with Drew I decided to drop the OpenDNS plugin table from my LT database. There was some suspicion that there may have been issues with table based on probrams with the initial installation/table creation. After dropping the table I removed the plugin and then reinstalled it. When I try to configure the integration tab I now get errors, seemingly not matter what I enter. I've confirmed my MSP ID, email, and password are correct. It also looks like the table is not being recreated. :?

The errors are dialog boxes. The first one says "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found." followed by "Status Code: NotFound" followed by "Status Description: Not Found" followed by "Error logging in, verify the user password. result_post =error and json = {"email":"-9999", "passphrase":"-9999"}.

In an effort to fix an odd issue that I worked on with Drew I decided to drop the OpenDNS plugin table from my LT database. There was some suspicion that there may have been issues with table based on probrams with the initial installation/table creation. After dropping the table I removed the plugin and then reinstalled it. When I try to configure the integration tab I now get errors, seemingly not matter what I enter. I've confirmed my MSP ID, email, and password are correct. It also looks like the table is not being recreated. :?

The errors are dialog boxes. The first one says "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found." followed by "Status Code: NotFound" followed by "Status Description: Not Found" followed by "Error logging in, verify the user password. result_post =error and json = {"email":"-9999", "passphrase":"-9999"}.

I managed to get this sorted on my own. My initial issue was that even after upgrading the plugin, no non-superadmins could access the plugin. I dropped the opendns plugin table and planned on having it rebuild when I reload the plugin. Thus my previous post. To resolve that issue errors from my previous post I simply had to restart the LT services. I'm going to guess that plenty of people already know this but I'm sharing just in case.

Thanks all and thanks Drew for the plugin!

Here is an issue I ran into and the solution to fix it. If you have a user that you have already linked to the Opendns plugin and remove that user from opendns.com then re-create on opendns.com them, it seems to confuse the plugin and lock it with the old id and fingerprint and there is no way to change it from LabTech or the plugin and you will get an error when you go to the client.

open1.png

open2.png

open_3.png

The only way to resolve this is to log onto your server, If you are using the hosted server you will already have the software if you host your own you may need to download some software. The software we use is SQLyog community. Log into that with your LabTech global admin account and click LabTech>Tables and scroll all the way down until you see Plugin_opendns_test, click on that then over to the right you will see a tab called tables, click that and you will see all your client ids and orig_ids and fingerprints locate your customer id with the wrong Information and enter the new id’s close reload the plugin data base and you are all set now when you open LabTech and go to that user you will see all the credentials have changed.

Any update on Labtech 11 compatability? The only mention of it is that it will crash on client screens that don't have OpenDNS installed. I would love to use this plugin, but I'm a little hesitant to try it until I hear that it works with version 11.

If it is still an issue, would there be a problem with installing the plugin, rolling out OpenDNS, then removing the plugin?

I dont know if I modified it but if it came this way but look in the script for the line where it runs the MSI. At the very end you should see HIDE_UI=0 HIDE_ARP=0 - change both to 1

the script is fine when i check the script it shows all as 1 and if i push it through the script it works fine, its when i try to use the plugin it is all set to 0 and it shows up everywhere

Great Plugin. I use it with labtech 11. I need to Shift click on a computer to view it at that level but that is fine. Did not see a way off hand to show it on the Newer computer management screen. Additionally it would be nice if the Install button would just run the script OpenDNS Installer rather than the hard coded method it appears to be using now. We have issues running the install from %temp% so I manually adjusted the script to install to another location(the install button fails). Instead if it showed the script shell results you are already capturing already that would be good. Hope that makes sense. Thanks for the plugin.

What I'd really like is a way to automate actions when OpenDNS detects something amiss with a device or a network. For example, when a botnet is detected, an AV scan is triggered.

Any chance?

Until Cisco figures out their own API's, I don't think we will see much movement with this plugin :( 

Looks like after the last LT update this plugin is dead in the water.  I am unable to get the account to connect back to the Opendns server so none of my clients will show anymore. 

1 minute ago, brettr206 said:

Looks like after the last LT update this plugin is dead in the water.  I am unable to get the account to connect back to the Opendns server so none of my clients will show anymore. 

I actually think Cisco made some changes thats preventing the plugin from working. Mine sadly stopped working and I have not patched (my prod is on patch 3). 

It's easy enough to modify the install script to read from a few EDFs but you will need to manually enter the required data. 

Have you found any new working install script or plugin or have you just edited your EDF's. This plugin was great and i'm sad to see it go.