Nemesis

OpenDNS Umbrella Client - Update 2

@Nemsys I've installed the plugin. However we aren't able to login. Everything is setup correctly. Ideas? We have more than one login for OpenDNS. I've tried mine and the account that was used initially with OpenDNS.

Having the same issue. Did you figure this out?

hey all, in all cases so far, ever one was using an incorrect ID for MSPID. Please make 100% sure you are using the ID labeled "MSPID" in the OpenDNS portal. If those match, PM me the details of exactly what is failing.

-Nemesis

hey all, in all cases so far, ever one was using an incorrect ID for MSPID. Please make 100% sure you are using the ID labeled "MSPID" in the OpenDNS portal. If those match, PM me the details of exactly what is failing.

-Nemesis

I got it working today. I suspect I might have entered the wrong password. Thanks for the reply!

I am having a problem. I am using the same credentials that I logged into the dashboard and went to MSP>Admins to get the ID. I know my email address and password is correct.

-Chris

I actually stood up a new user and it worked. I am not sure why it didn't work. What I do know is that the one that worked had a special character at the end versus in the middle. And it was the same special character.

I actually stood up a new user and it worked. I am not sure why it didn't work. What I do know is that the one that worked had a special character at the end versus in the middle. And it was the same special character.

Glad that worked! PM me what characters you suspect and Ill take a look and see.

-Nemesis

HI folks! Newb to labtech here; thanks for the great plug in! Just one question, I when attempt to add it though plug-in manager I receive "There was an error uploading the new plugin". I have already right clicked the opendns.dll, clicked properties and unlocked it as mentioned above, and I am the ltadmin (cloud based LT). Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Hey Trishben,

Try simply trying it again? There are some reports of this in general (not just this plugin) and most work successfully the 2nd time.

-Nemesis

Plugin Troubleshooting:

Anyone having issues with credentials. I've seen a couple of instance where the database table didnt get created for some reason.

Simply re-adding the plugin appears to fix the issue.

So, if you are "Error logging in, verify the username password" AND your sure you have the correct MSP ID: # and creds, try re-loading the plugin and restarted CC.

If you have access to the database, check for plugin_opendns_test

-Nemesis

HI folks! Newb to labtech here; thanks for the great plug in! Just one question, I when attempt to add it though plug-in manager I receive "There was an error uploading the new plugin". I have already right clicked the opendns.dll, clicked properties and unlocked it as mentioned above, and I am the ltadmin (cloud based LT). Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Hey all, I've had a number of reports of this - and it looks like it might just work if you try it a second time....

Give that a shot too as well as installing from the server.

-Nemesis

Still no luck here. Reinstalled the plugin and set up a new user specifically for the plug-in. I still get an "error logging in" when I try to save the creds. Anything else I can try?

Hi Nemesis:

You helped me via IRC a couple weeks back with a missing table issue with this plugin. I thought we had it fixed but I suspect there is still an issue. The plugin looks great and works great if I use it as 'Admin'. If however I attempt to use any part of the plugin as any other user I get told I need to configure it via the dashboard. Moreover, users that have access to the dashboard (other than Admin) are not able to adjust the configuration, nor does the existing configuration display for them. In other words, it seems that the 'Admin' account is the only account that can both see the OpenDNS integration config and use the plugin.

I checked the user class manager and plugin permissions and appropriate groups have access the OpenDNS plugin. I've already tried removing the plugin and reinstalling it. I can confirm I have 1.0.0.1 version of the DLL and 1.0.0.38680 listed in the actual plugin configuration.

Any thoughts on how I might get this resolved? Perhaps something is amiss with my LT in terms of plugins?

-Dave

When I try and install the plug in I get. There was an error uploading the new plugin: could not load file or assembly file or one of its dependencies.

Hi Nemesis:

You helped me via IRC a couple weeks back with a missing table issue with this plugin. I thought we had it fixed but I suspect there is still an issue. The plugin looks great and works great if I use it as 'Admin'. If however I attempt to use any part of the plugin as any other user I get told I need to configure it via the dashboard. Moreover, users that have access to the dashboard (other than Admin) are not able to adjust the configuration, nor does the existing configuration display for them. In other words, it seems that the 'Admin' account is the only account that can both see the OpenDNS integration config and use the plugin.

I checked the user class manager and plugin permissions and appropriate groups have access the OpenDNS plugin. I've already tried removing the plugin and reinstalling it. I can confirm I have 1.0.0.1 version of the DLL and 1.0.0.38680 listed in the actual plugin configuration.

Any thoughts on how I might get this resolved? Perhaps something is amiss with my LT in terms of plugins?

-Dave

Hey Dave,

** UPDATED ** Re-download - OpenDNS Plugin should now work properly for non-SuperUser accounts.

-Nemesis

Edited by Guest

When I try and install the plug in I get. There was an error uploading the new plugin: could not load file or assembly file or one of its dependencies.

Others have reported an intermittent issue:

1: Try it again.

2: Try it from the server.

Let me know.

-Nemesis

Hi Nemesis:

-Dave

Hey Dave,

** UPDATED ** Re-download - OpenDNS Plugin should now work properly for non-SuperUser accounts.

-Nemesis

Nemesis:

This is great - thank you for the additional functionality!!!

I downloaded the updated plugin this morning and installed it on my system. It still seems however that only the superuser account can use the plugin. I get the same message as before if a non-superuser opens the plugin (via the agent or company screens). Perhaps I've done something wrong when updating it?

To update the plugin I removed the existing one from LT. I disabled it and then used the manage->remove plugin function. I then closed the CC, re-opened it and installed the plugin with the new DLL. What is interesting to note and maybe it has some relation to the problem is that the plugin version now shows as 1.0.0.27426 (shown on the OpenDNS integration tab). This version number is seemingly earlier than the last version I had installed which was 1.0.0.38680.

Thanks again...this plugin is really an excellent addition for LabTech OpenDNS users.

Regards,

Dave

Dave,

Something didn't go right - the version number is 1.0.0.1 now. I just redownloaded from the dropbox location and compared. That version is 1.0.0.1. Perhaps you have multiple copies of the .dll locally? Can you double check and redownload from dropbox, check using properties and make sure it is 1.0.0.1? This is the save version number you will see in the plugin manager as well.

If you still have issues, let me know.

Thanks,

-Nemesis

Hi Nemesis:

-Dave

Hey Dave,

-Nemesis

Excellent. This is the functionality we were looking for too. Will update now.

Finally got mine sorted. I had to log in as a super-admin to get the credentials to stick. Once that worked it was plain sailing. Thanks for this Drew. Looks great.

Steve

Labtech 11 seems to have a problem with this plugin. If you open a client that hasn't got OpenDNS configured and go to the Plugins dashboard, click on OpenDNS you'll get a load of error boxes repeated and eventually the whole application will crash.

It needs to only be visible on clients that have it enabled if that is possible.