robpic

Live Chat Solution?

We have Labtech and the tray icon is nice but ticketing via it is kinda limited.

We want to implement a live chat, have tried ChatAssist and looked at a few others but so far I would say they are kind of limited.

Does anyone have a recommendation, I saw DeskDirector and it looks good but at an additional 400.00/USD a month its a tad pricy and I'm not sure if I want to deploy yet another software to the clients.

1. AV

2. LT Tray

3. Screen Connnect

adding more makes our service feel more like bloatware than a service.

Does anyone have recommendation on solutions for live chat and better client portals?

We have used the ScreenConnect web GUI to do this.

You can bring up a computer in the web GUI, there is a chat tab. You can send a message and it will show up to the client. You can chat from there.

*See attachment*

59ec943901de9_ScreenShot2015-07-25at9_23_25AM.png.e79414a86b0188fba7fded341e4eddef.png

Thanks, I'll take a closer look at screenconnect but I don't think its going to work the way I want.

I need people to enter a queue, techs to pick them up and be able to offer support.

Thanks, I'll take a closer look at screenconnect but I don't think its going to work the way I want.

I need people to enter a queue, techs to pick them up and be able to offer support.

This is exactly what the Quick Connect function does. Check it out!

Quickconnect is due to be replaced with screenconnect in the next release. There are extensions currently for screenconnect to allow queueing support sessions as well, but they are not integrated with labtech yet.

Ok, so far I've tried ChatAssist, this has a number of flaws but the primary one is that the tech automatically picks up a session with a tiny notification in their window. This means, when the client opens a chat session it connects to a tech that may or may not be at their desk. So that one we've canceled, a few other issues with lack of customization.

I've tried the suggested quickconnect, the WCC2 link is broken on my hostedrmm system and the legacy one works but is unbranded. We already have labtech and screenconnect on these machines so it seems counter intuitive to ask our client to download and install another application to chat.

We also have screenconnect on the systems, the client can open screen connect and 'chat' but so far I can't find a way from the admin or host page unless they go directly to that computer or is there a screenconnect feature I'm missing?

I think I'm going to have to give up and look at another 3rd party system that is disappointing. I mean, chat sounds to me like a basic feature.

+600.00 a month too

The USD CAD conversion Is a killer, tack on setup fee, however I do Love what you've done for me with the Ninite Solution

I know this is an old post but I signed up to the initial ChatAssist application and have also found the lack of notification for the tech to make it un usable. CW suggested I add my name to the feature request but it has been runninig since 2012. The creation of a ticket is nice but not much good if we frustrate customers by leaving them hanging for an hr because the tech popped into the workshop without signing off. Has anyone been able to find a way to have a notification generated when someone joins your chat?

Were you able to find a suitable product. I see some have been able to integrate ScreenConnect Chat with MS Teams which may be a possibility. Has anyone found a better solution?