tscheuing

Disk Tree

What is it?

Enter a folder to scan recursively and you’ll receive a tree style view of the files and folders for that folder. You can navigate through those folders to see what’s eating up space and take action directly. You can right-click a folder or file and delete it (works recursively for folders), copy the path to your clipboard, view file/folder properties, and export the tree to an HTML file for sharing or later reference.

On the right side is the top 100 files in the folder that you scanned. This allows you to see the biggest files taking up the most space. You can take the same actions as noted above – delete, copy path, file properties, as well as exporting the list.

How does it work?

This plugin uses a PowerShell script created by James Weakley. It’s been heavily modified to reduce scan time and output information, but the basic idea is still the same. Props for his work on that script and sharing it! Press the ‘Start Scan’ button and wait a bit. The script is downloaded to the agent, executed, and the results are parsed in a tree view so that you can use them. Larger folders will obviously take more time to complete.

Pretty picture:

3uaSxXR.png

Get it here!

• Like 1

How is the powershell script setup to run, (ex. I would like to have the script run when the monitor detects low disk place, but otherwise, sit idle.

How is the powershell script setup to run, (ex. I would like to have the script run when the monitor detects low disk place, but otherwise, sit idle.

+1 on this!

Sorry guys, I missed the posts on this one. The script doesn't ever run automatically. You open up the computer window, click the Disk Tree tab, and click Start Scan at the bottom. It runs on demand only.

I was not able to load the plugin due to the DLL file being blocked by the OS. I unblocked it and the issue was resolved. User error...

Here is a basic script using the powershell created by James Weakley. Feel free to pretty it up for yourself, or add it to your "disk/temp files cleanup failures" tickets.

- Runs the powershell script

- uploads to the Labtech server

- emails the technician as given by the @technician@ email parameter.

DiskFolderSize.xml