Jump to content
JStone

Reconnecting agents after a server reinstall

Recommended Posts

We had our server crash and our backup was fairly old. We had onboarded 2 larger clients and a few small ones during the time the backup was taken and the crash. Once we got Labtech back up, 75% of the total agents were visible in the New Computers area. We added the clients and locations back into LT Control Center then moved the agents to their respective locations. The other 25% of agents are alive, they're connecting to the server (the system tray icon is live and updating on the PCs if we make template changes) but they do not show up in the Control Center, Navigation Tree or any searches. Network Probes will see the computers and list them in the Network location folder but we can't push the agents out (probably because they already have up to date agents installed) and we can't run the Uninstall command (as the agent isn't listed in the Computers section).

 

LT support has been pretty helpful up to this point, but I'm now being told we might have to manually uninstall each agent by hand and then reinstall. We're talking probably 75+ agents spread out over 5-6 locations. It would be a bunch of man hours. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I appreciate any help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Open the Help\Server Status on the server. Then DBL Click on the Advanced Server Contol text at the bottom.

 

Check that Issue Resignup to Agents with Bad Password is checked. And also check the Enable Mac Signup Matching.

 

If these are checked then the agents will resign up. Just give them a little time and they should all come back,

 

ALSO MAKE surew the SYTSEM Password is the SAME as it used to be in the old server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greg,

 

Are these advanced features documented anywhere to your knowledge? I see some interesting options and want to be sure I understand the expected result before turning anything on. I definitely see some useful diag options. Thanks.

 

-jeff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were lucky enough to have an old backup with our server password in it. About 60% of the agents checked back in and resynced. Some had to be redone by hand. I was able to get a good list of agents there were missing using the Probe and scanning the network. Any names in the network list but not in the agent list I created a text file and ran a batch script using PSEXEC against it to resolve the stragglers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×