MrRat

MSP Accounts Plugin - Free

13 hours ago, jfltech said:

Is there a way to update the MSP Name and MSP Prefix automatically with the plugin?

Something other than what is offered on the Settings tab?

6 hours ago, MrRat said:

Settings tab Password Complexity set Symbols to 0

<edit>no. that wouldn't eliminate them completely would it. i suppose i could put an enable box in there.</edit>

My apologies, when I made that post I had forgotten that the feature was added because I was looking at the plugin in my production environment.

This actually is what I was looking for, although in my production environment I am using an old version (2.17.2.27) of the plugin where this feature wasn't in there yet. In my dev environment (2.18.1.10) it does have that option. I just need get my production environment updated to the latest version of the plugin.

I think I was holding off on my production environment because if I remember correctly the older version of the plugin handled the service account for workgroup only computers fine and in a newer version that broke and you hadn't revisited resolving that issue yet unless I misunderstood that issue.

Edit: Oh yeah, I just checked on my dev environment and even with 0 for symbols, the generated password still has dashes and dollar signs in there.

Edited by dpltadmin

Thank you so much for this MR Rat, this is exactly waht we were looking for, and has saved us a lot of time.

One question though - in some users Automate (v11) session, the MSP Accounts Menu item does not show. Any particular reason for that you can think of? 

1 minute ago, RytechITNZ said:

Thank you so much for this MR Rat, this is exactly waht we were looking for, and has saved us a lot of time.

One question though - in some users Automate (v11) session, the MSP Accounts Menu item does not show. Any particular reason for that you can think of? 

Nevermind I found it - the User Class Manager, select a User Class, and the approprioate plugin from the PLugin Tab.

Cheers,

We have a location that has recently stopped processing all commands... add, remove, change password... nothing is triggered against it.  Even going to Manage Locations, and selecting that location specifically, the commands simply don't show up as being queued against the domain controller.

I'm at a loss, considering it had been working for a long time and simply is now doing nothing despite there not being any changes.

I tried updating the plugin to the newer version (we have been running it for about a year or so at this point) but that didn't make any difference either.

What determines which computer in a location has the commands run against it?

EDIT:

Looking into this further, it appears this specific agent is not detecting its active roles, and WMIC commands issued via the LT command prompt return the result "Invalid XSL format (or) file name."  I imagine it's safe to assume the MSP Accounts Plugin will operate normally after this issue has been resolved.

Edited by glodoski
Found an issue with the agent that is likely causing the issue I mentioned, wanted to share the resolution.

When I use this tool and add the users it only goes to about half of my clients. The clients that don't get it the servers are showing the role of PDC and the Domains are saved in the mysql tables.

dsadd failed:CN=danderson,OU=Dash2 User Accounts,DC=HogleGroup,DC=local:Directory object not found.
type dsadd /? for help.
Edited by jfarmer

On 4/10/2018 at 5:39 AM, MrRat said:

Something other than what is offered on the Settings tab?

Sorry, let me expand on it:

I accidentaly hit Add Users without modifying the MSP Name/Prefix (my fault! >.<) and as what it's supposed to do, created accounts for most of our clients.

So I tried deleting the user through the plugin and now left with a "Managed Service provider" OU in their Active Directory.

Was wondering if there was a way to update the wrong MSP name to our proper names. 

Another feature request:

- add a Select All for Locations OR be able to create a filter for easier selection.

On 11/21/2018 at 11:13 AM, sparkey83 said:

Anyone got these files handy to download? I can't seem to access the download location anymore!

Try it now.  There was some Geo Blocking on the IP.

MSP Accounts

Edited by MrRat

On 11/27/2018 at 7:13 PM, Richie111 said:

Hi

Is there a way to mass add the accounts to all locations?  I mostly want the service account more than the user accounts.

thanks

hard to make it not add an account to all locations.  how did you manage that?

I am talented :)

it seems if you add a location after you set up the user it does not add it.  when I started testing your (fabulous) add in we didn't have everyone in there (we were and still are migrating from kaseya).  I worked around it by removing the user and readding it.  that seems to have started the process but I don't think it completed.  The OU's were created and the usernames defined in automate as default for the location but users were not created in AD.

note this was run on 577 locations.

7 minutes ago, Richie111 said:

it seems if you add a location after you set up the user it does not add it. 

Yes, when I add a location I then use the Locations tab of the plugin to add all users.

I worked around it by removing the user and re-adding it. 

That is what I was going to suggest.

The OU's were created and the usernames defined in automate as default for the location but users were not created in AD.

hmm, well that shouldn't happen.  lets walk though it.
1 Manage User tab - delete user.  Wait 1/2 hour.
2. Manage User tab - add user back in.  Wait 1/2 hour.
3. Magic ensues.
4. Service Account tab - select service account user and click change.  Wait 1/2 hour.
5. Profit.

So I'm guessing there's a problem with step 3. :)

I think on step 2. I have sql spy open and it seemed to be checking the status of pending commands for hours afterwards.  at some point automate closed because it was open for 12 hours.  I dont think anything else would be running that check command for so many agents.

I probably should not have done step 3 until i knew 2 was complete.

does that make sense?

Posted (edited)

Just installed this plugin, this is just what we have been looking for.

Edited by brettr206

Noticed that once ran, the command history is showing password clear text. How ever if you run the standard change password command it does not display the password in plain text. 

Screenshot - 1_8_2019 , 9_55_09 AM.png

Screenshot - 1_8_2019 , 10_02_27 AM.png

1 hour ago, marcm said:

Noticed that once ran, the command history is showing password clear text. How ever if you run the standard change password command it does not display the password in plain text. 

What Marc means to ask is "Is there a plan/workaround  to have the commands run via the change password option so the commands are obsfucated in the logs?"

On 1/8/2019 at 11:19 AM, absoblogginlutely! said:

What Marc means to ask is "Is there a plan/workaround  to have the commands run via the change password option so the commands are obsfucated in the logs?"

Any update on this?