clutch70

Permissions Error when Viewing Tab

Good afternoon all!

Question I'm hoping to pick the community's brain about - I have a new tab set up that pulls data from a table I created in LT. Myself and my fellow Super Admins have no problem viewing the tab, data comes in telling me everything I want to know. What I'm having problems with is granting rights to the tab down the line to my NOC Users or Help Desk Techs. When my techs open the tab, none of the SQL output is there and the refresh button generates the second screenshot below.

Would love some input! Thanks guys!

EDIT: Pardon the blank drop downs, the settings are there they just glitched out for a second.

Tab Placement: Clients

Tab Section: Section 3

Tab Type: Data List

Command Bar Align: Top

1.PNG.c49af1afcf0d82f1b261e859509775d8.PNG

2.PNG.cb3c0ef91d66bc432f03928fc10ec74f.PNG

I dont know if it will help, but I had this issue , I deleted the tab and recreated it again, it solved my problem.

We had a similar issue with custom tabs. We had to create a plugin that gave users permissions to the custom table. Every time the DB agent restarted, it removed the permissions before we had the plugin.

lemtargatwing is absolutely right.

If you create a custom table in the LabTech database the permissions need to be GRANTed for the users via implementing the IPermissions Interface of the LabTech Interfaces.dll

Super Admins are GRANTed everything by this Automation Server (database agent) process, that is why you have no error yourself.

@lemtargatwing - Using VBscript yeah? That's one of the features I have not yet delved into: creating my own simple plugins. Sounds like I'll either need to learn myself or engage someone with some experience on the topic?

@somecallme...tim - Thanks for the explanation, I like understanding how my LT server works :D