tscheuing

Red Flag Plugin

The red flag feature in ConnectWise seems to be a great way to relay client level information to engineers without them having to hunt it down or remember it. But this feature is missing from LabTech – until now. This plugin will allow you to have client, location and computer level information show up any time you open up the computer window. And if the computer is an exception, you can set it to ignore the client/location level flags. As soon as you open the window, you’re prompted with the information, and it’s also readily available by clicking the red flag next to the computer name in the Welcome tab. It’s easy to update the flags and make sure everyone is aware of important pieces of information when working on a computer.

You can check it out here.

Location & Client level red flags only seem to work after I hit the save settings on an agent (once).

Is that something that can be easily fixed?

PS love the idea!

Wupsje,

Thanks for pointing that out. I've got it fixed now. You'll need to re-download as this plugin doesn't have automatic updates (yet).

Thanks!

Tim

thank you for getting back so quick. Are there any plans to add more permission? I need my techs to be able to update the flags but not give them admin permissions.

iniguezsal,

Your wish has been granted. The latest version (installable via the plugin installer) allows admins and any user with the class 'RedFlag Editor' to edit the flags. Hope that helps!

iniguezsal,

Your wish has been granted. The latest version (installable via the plugin installer) allows admins and any user with the class 'RedFlag Editor' to edit the flags. Hope that helps!

Just installed the plugin and checked the user classes to add some users to be able to edit but i dont see that class in there. I did close and reopen after installing.

Great idea for a plugin. I've installed it via your plugin installer and it says it's successful, however the data i enter doesn't seem to save. The client and locations are blank and don't save when i enter in info and hit save. When i go into the red flag tab under an agent the text box says -9999. When i change this and hit save it removed what i type and adds -9999 back in.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately it still seems to be failing. Now nothing saves at the location or customer level. When i type something in at the agent level, hit save settings, the text i typed in disappears and doesn't reload back in.

nothcide,

I can't seem to replicate the problem in either of my environments. Please give the following a try. If it doesn't work, shoot me an email at support@squattingdog.net and I'll get you taken care of.

- Uninstall the plugin

- Restart the database agent (help->server status->restart database agent)

- Reinstall via the plugin install tool

- Wait a minute...

- Restart the database agent again

- Restart LT (assuming you left it open)

- See if it's working as expected

Very handy plugin, heard about it at AN16. Great work on this and the install wrapper. One improvement I'd like to see is a scrollable message box. If the alert text is more than 10 lines, the remainder is truncated in view, although you can select text and drag or arrow down to view the rest. One of the things I'm using this for is annotating startup/shutdown procedures on some unusual systems and the lack of a scrollbar is a mild annoyance if you know there's more to see, but potentially problematic if you don't know.

timbo,

Both of those ideas sound great. I'm not sure about the feasibility of the latter, but I'll certainly look into it.

Thanks!

Tim

Hey Tim,

Nice plugin. I just installed it. I noticed if I am creating a message at the agent level and enter a path, say \\fileserver\share\folder, once I open that agent and RedFlag pops up, it removes the \ so it reads fileserversharefolder. Nothing major, but I wanted to provide feedback.