Cubert

ADMON Administrators Group monitor plugin

Squidworks is working on another free plugin for Labtech that will manage and monitors administrator groups for additions or deletions of users from groups then alerts you to the change. We are also working on allowing you to restore the group if a change happens automatically.

We have now released it http://lp.squidworks.net/. The plugin is in the hands of the Squid Squad and testing is taking place now.

When you set to monitor group any changes in group will spawn a alert and if set a ticket. It will also show up here in red as a exploited system. You can select to view alarms which will display only alarmed systems and what has been set for them (Alarm or Ticket) and will allow you to clear alarms.

We are also working on allowing you to directly edit the admin group as a later feature.

Enjoy! :ugeek:

clienttab.png.556eacc2097a1094890487e0dfea9d6d.png

Edited by Guest

I am getting goose bumps this morning when I walk in and see 3 new tickets across my client base. users added to admin group with out permission.. 2 days in and I am catching abuses.. very awesome! :geek:

Installed . flicked the switch but not getting any results - any thoughts?

2 switches ?

Master switch -> {View} - > ADMON Enable

Enable a Client for scanning - > Client Tab -> Admin Group tab -> Enable Scan Switch

Both the master and the client switches must be on, Change the interval to 24 then back to 1 and allow it to cycle for 2 hours. Make sure you have restated the DB agent once so the service is running in LT.

Then see c:\windows\ltsvc\ADMON\date.log on the LT server for the cycle logs to show up. This will tell you service is running and how many PCs it sent a scan to.

Cubert,

This is awesome! Are you planning on extending the capabilities to AD admin groups? We created custom scripting and monitoring to achieve this, but had issues with different OS versions and their requirements. I would love to see this in your plugin. We followed the information found on this site to create the powershell scripts. http://www.lazywinadmin.com/2013/11/update-powershell-monitor-and-report.html

Any way to view the alerts globally? We have about 150 clients so going into each one to view the alert is not really a viable option for us.

Not yet but sound like a great feature request. Visit http://support.plugins4labtech.com to add feature requests to plugins. We love to have your input.

Any chance of this plugin being updated for LT11? Logs show this error: "Admon Alarm (Found) Executed faild for MonitorAdd function "

We are in the process of updating plugins for LT 11. you may still have issues with different plugins until we get further down the LT 11 road.

Recently installed this Plugin on our labtech 10.5 love it makes auditing for our finance customers that much easier, but as i am testing, i have it set to Monitor any additions to the Admin Group and to create a to create a ticket, and in my testing I have been adding test users to admin groups on local workstations and a couple servers, but i am not seeing any tickets generated is there something more i have to set.

Nope that should generate a ticket when a change is seen.

I will have a peek and see if there is some troubleshooting methods available to help

Thanks just a small update i added removed users and that seems to create tickets without any issue but still no tickets for users or accounts added to admin groups

We are in the process of updating plugins for LT 11. you may still have issues with different plugins until we get further down the LT 11 road.

Any word on this? Im trying to install on our LT 11 system and am getting errors, so im guessing that its still not available for use on 11 yet?

On 12/2/2016 at 8:32 AM, Cubert said:

Nope that should generate a ticket when a change is seen.

I will have a peek and see if there is some troubleshooting methods available to help

Cubert- I notice that the thread here is a bit old but i wanted to know if this currently supports V19 of CWA?  What we are looking for is just to have the ability to view the user accounts as shown in the screenshots and then export the data to excel for auditing purposes.  We dont want to implement any changes or actions right away, we just want to have a way to collect the data and filter through it to find possible issues.  Does this plugin support that function without any need to apply actions?

I know it still seems to work for us and we are on 2019.7 as we use it for the same thing not the monitoring so much but just a way to track who has admin rights and to what system