Greg.Buerk

Email Box Monitor Plugin

Is it normal for the plugin to flood the LTAPlugins.txt file with PluginEmail Sink v1 Server Monitor Starting Up::: every 20 or so seconds? Is set to check the mailbox every 60 seconds. Still in test phase for us so not entirely sure the plugin is working correctly.

Cheers

Hello,

I'm trying to set up the Mail Sink to filter PRTG emails.

I can see that Mail Sink found the email (it in the LTAPlugins.txt), but the script I defined in the rule is never run.

Running the script on its own works.

The main aim is to run the script when an email comes from PRTG to check if there is already a ticket from that device, if not then create a new ticket otherwise add it to the ticket.

A screenshot from the rule:

Kind regards,

Alex

settings.PNG.3c1c82a13f20a57ca358c24d3602bcf2.PNG

For your 2nd issue I was stuck on the same thing the other day. Just assigning the script to the rule didn't run the script. What I had to do was create a new alert template and the action set to script, but when it asks for which script just leave it as "Not Selected." From here in Email Sink I was able to select the alert to the one I just created, and client, computer, and script and it ran the script specified in Email Sink on that computer.

Here was my response above on how assign scripts to a filter.

No you can not get the attachment, But you might be able to get the name of it with some clever RegEx matching in the Body.

When doing the regular Expression matching and your pattern defines Groups.

For example this "(http|https)://([^\:\/]+)/(.+)"

It defines 3 Groups, the first will contain "http" or "Https" the second will contain the server part. the 3rd will contain the querystring. Yes the pattern does not work when the url contains a port, but its an example.

You can Access these groups with the variables. The Main Match is put in one of the return variables like %emailbody0% and all groups will go in %emailbody1%,%emailbody2%,%emailbody3% and so on.

Updated Plugin to work with version 10.5

The new Update is NOT compatible with older LabTech. So disable the plugin, update to 10.5 and then Install the updated plugin.

See main Post for the Updated Download.

This plugin seems to be doing some funny business with MySQL users. After I install it in 10.5 and LabTech does whatever maintenance it does no one can login to LabTech and the WCC stops working, throws an error about not being able to connect to MySQL. Confirmed with David Allen from LT support it was this plugin causing the issue.

This plugin seems to be doing some funny business with MySQL users. After I install it in 10.5 and LabTech does whatever maintenance it does no one can login to LabTech and the WCC stops working, throws an error about not being able to connect to MySQL. Confirmed with David Allen from LT support it was this plugin causing the issue.

I had similar issues with mysql users when I had the old version installed while trying to upgrade from LT10 to 10.5, sound like you may be installing the older version. I have been using the newest version with 10.5 since day 1 of it's release without issue.

Anyone have any issues with Email Sink just stopping checking the messages in the mailbox? Seems to keep happening to us. We can get it to work once we reconfigure it and configure it back but then it just stops working after a few hours or days.

Greg,

We've been running this plugin for years, been working great. I think it's one of the most under-appreciated plugins.

Recently, I've been wishing it was possible to set the Computer field in a rule to one of the regex group matches. For us, the value we're looking for is in the subject. So if it was possible to select in the 'Computer' drop down, for instance, %emailsubjectN% or something like that and have it pull the value from the regex match, that would be very useful. I'd imagine it might be useful for the client dropdown as well.

Thanks!

JH

Does anyone have any suggestions for piping information like this out to a dashboard view on a monitoring display in our NOC ?

Hi

I am also wondering if it works with version 11?

Anyone using it on that version?

Kind Regards

I tried to setup it on CWA 11 Patch 14, with no success. The Dot.Net Runtime would run into an SQL-Error, nothing more happens.

Is there any chance that this plugin gets updated for CWA 11?

I see this as an older post, however, I am curious if this is a current plugin for v12.5? I am in need of this plugin to monitor "Barracuda" backups. Are there alternatives to this? 

Hello Rafe,

As far as I am aware, it was not updated to CWA.

We changed to ThinkAutomation to manage emails. (thinkautomation.com). We use it with the CWM api.

Cheers,
Alex

• Like 1