tscheuing

Have I Been Pwned?

This plugin uses information from https://haveibeenpwned.com/ to check the contacts in LabTech against known website breaches where information was released. This can help you easily identify users that should consider changing their password. If you have contacts set to sync from your PSA (like ConnectWise or AutoTask), you can leverage the tool to check all known email addresses automatically and regularly as new breaches occur.

https://squattingdog.net/labtech-plugin-have-i-been-pwned/

Pwned-Tool-window.png?w=1552&ssl=1

Hey looks like a great script, however I downloaded and installed the script and it never showed under tools. It said it installed successfully. Any ideas?

rkulik512, did you restart the Control Center? It's not a script, but an actual plugin, so it'll show up under the Tools menu. Also, if you're not logged in as a super admin, you'll need to make sure you have permissions to the plugin if using 10.5.

This is a neat little plugin to add value to your customer base that you are looking out for their security needs on a broad scale. Would like to see this develop a little further to include some sort of option to send an email to contact notifying them that they have potentially compromised accounts on the following sites and recommend they change their password.

Thanks Tim for all your efforts.

Jeff

Love it!

Any way I could get a list of [tags] that the email form will accept? Could I do HTML in the email?

Clutch70,

I'm working on adding and documenting the tags that are available, as well as better testing html to make sure it's consistently working. I'll post an update when available.

Thanks!

Tim

Great plugin, thanks.

I noticed as the month rolled over that we got a new ticket saying new accounts had been compromised. However, on checking the plugin these were duplicates of already listed accounts and breaches. I'm guessing that shouldn't happen?

Also, as a feature request, can we hide a contact manually? If I speak to a contact rather than emailing them I need a way to remove them from the list.

Cheers,

Steve

efiniste,

The ticket that comes in should state 'newly' detected breaches. However, it may be just new contacts that were detected on previous breaches. To best keep up with the list and avoid duplicated work, it's best to notify all of the users so that they are flagged appropriately in the window and you can easily see that.

Regarding the request: already in the works. You'll have the ability to mark contact(s) as notified without sending them an email through the window.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim, Awesome plugin, Thanks for that work.

Do you have that list of Tags completed or perhaps can you tell me the one for "Description" that can be used in the templates? Ours got wiped and not sure where to reset it.

This plugin looks like it could have a lot of potential. Sadly I have it installed but I am not sure it is working. When I open it, I just have a blank screen with no contacts. Is that normal?

It appears to work after it crashed labtech, but I still have a question. I now have 365 breach results, but there are no generated tickets. How do I get the plugin to generate tickets in connectwise?

On 10/5/2017 at 12:08 PM, tscheuing said:

cjdavid618,

There's not a field for description, actually. You can use first/last name, email, the service that was breached, and when. Here's the original text in case you need it: http://paste.labtechexpert.com/view/8f9af4eb

Thanks,

Tim

Thanks Tim for responding on this. The screenshot is helpful, thank you.

Is there a way to add the description tag or perhaps a link to where the the information can be found giving the client more information? Are there any more development plans for the plugin? We've found it very helpful and would like to see it expanded and perhaps even allow html templates, etc. 

Awesome work and thanks!

Is there a different way to get this plugin? Because that link is going to "Error establishing a database connection".

Hey Bdon. I was doing some database maintenance the other day and had things broken for a little bit. All is good now!

Thanks,

Tim