screwloose

TeamViewer 8 Commercial Intergration

14iq2o9.png

Hey guys,

Back at it again.

This time its to use TeamViewer 8 Commercial.

We forked out a lot for our licences so didn't want to pay for it again, so thanks to Custom Tabs, this is my solution.

TeamViewer Get ID - Grabs the ID from an existing TV install. You can manually add a password to integrate into an existing installation.

TeamViewer Install - Installs TeamViewer with a Random password and saves it into the Extra Datafields for the computer.

TeamViewer Uninstall - Self explanatory.

TV Menu Item - Allows you to right click a computer and goto command and Connect Via TeamViewer.

TV Additional Fields - adds the TeamViewer ID and password fields to the computer objects

TV Tab - Import this into Custom Tabs for the layout shown in the picture.

Commands from the TeamViewer Tab is Install, Uninstall and Get ID which just calls the above scripts against the current computer.

Connect, File Transfer and VPN just calls TeamViewer with the Saved Details and opens Remote Control, File Transfer or creates a VPN to the selected computer.

166gc9i.png

if you get an error about missing argument option for --id then make sure the Details are filled out in the Teamviewer Tab.

And if they are filled out but you still get the error then go to Help>Server Status and click Do a Group Refresh.

Then rerun the command and you should be good to go :)

Install Procedure:

------- ------------

Install Custom Tabs.

Tools -- Import

SQL Script x 2 for the 2 .sql files

Then Tools -- Import

LT Xml Expansion x4 for the 4 xml files.

TV.zip

Edited by Guest

Oh yeah, If you are not on 64bit OS you will need to change your path.

You can also use a link to the TeamViewer.exe

By default I think its C:\users\public\desktop\Teamviewer 8.lnk or something like that.

Why in the commands and not in the redirected apps / "Network Redirectors" section. I have teamviewer from labtech and would like to place it in that section. Does anyone have the correct info. I think I should be able to figure it out from your sql file possibly but don't want to re-invent the wheel if I don't have to. Thanks.

Hey Tim,

I tried putting in the Redirected apps section but I couldn't get it to pick up the EDF's.

Using the menus was the only was I was able to get it to work.

It also allows right clicking on the computer and connecting via teamviewer without having to open up the computer screen.

So if someone has a solution I would be happy to add it to the first post :)

Hi All,

Thanks for your help in this thread - I see the zip file with the scripts - screwloose, so do you have any basic instructions or a readme for the install process?

Cheers,

Ryan

Note that TeamViewer has disabled the PWD command line option to set the password on installation with version 9.

The only work around I found was to install 8 which still supports the switch and then upgrade.

I just installed this and got it working:

A quick howto:

Tools -- Import

SQL Script x 2 for the 2 .sql files

Then Tools -- Import

LT Xml Expansion x4 for the 4 xml files.

We we able to get this up and running in about 15 minutes.

On our end -- we just made a new Script folder: Software -- Teamviewer (Doberman) and dropped the scripts in there, then scheduled them out on clients to run once to deploy it out to existing base.

For new clients, we just did a script call as part of our onboard script so new clients get this pushed out automatically.

Thanks a lot for the help ScrewLoose!

/ir

Question for the group.

We are using TV from LT and that works. What is the upside to go Commercial vs OEM with LT?

We are in the process of changing from OEM to Commercial straight from TeamViewer, we had a lot of problems with the "integrated" version provided, and we do not get a number of the features that would otherwise be available directly from LabTech. Also, for a large quantity of agents the OEM method is far more expensive.

I am testing this now, but I don't see nay of the changes, do I need to restart SQL or anything of that nature?

Sorry Guys, I thought I was subscribed to this thread.

ehall - This allows you to use your commercial licence which works with channels, not endpoints.

This means you can deploy TV on as many machines as you want, but you can only connect from (not to) as many computers as you have channels at any one time.

Orion - Just go into the dashboard - config - Configurations - Menus and then delete it from there.

Ian - Thanks for the install procedure and kind words, I will update the first post. Thanks! :)

I think I have found a way to install V8 with the password switch and have it auto update to V9

in the script to install V8 after Terminate Process: TeamViewer.exe step add a "Registry set Value" step

32Bit

Registry Value "HKLM\SOFTWARE\TeamViewer\Version8\AutoUpdateMode"

Data "0"

Data Type "Reg_dword"

64Bit

Registry Value "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TeamViewer\Version8\AutoUpdateMode"

Data "0"

Data Type "Reg_dword"

Ok, I Figured it out but now I have two copies of the TeamViewer command. How do I remove one?

Would you mind sharing how you were able to get the new tabs to show up? I'm having some difficulty after importing the scripts. Thank you!

Edit: Turns out I'm a dummy. I didn't put it together that Custom Tabs itself was something that needed to be installed.

Ok i manged to get it all setup, but for some odd reason it will not save the teamviewer id field when I open a computer. Any ideas

Disregard in the additional fields area teamviewer id had the Not Editable check-box selected. this has been corrected.

jsneed: If you press the get ID it will extract it from the local PC, but the password will need to be put in manually.

If you use the install TeamViewer button then it will install it over the current installation and generate a random password.

The Additional fields tab had a Not editable checkbox checked for teamviewer ID. I unchecked it and everything works great.

problem2.png

problem.png

You have to install customtabs first. I missed that part initially as well. Customtabs can be found on the forum here.