screwloose

TeamViewer 8 Commercial Intergration

Running 2012.1 ( i know :( ) the scripts do not import. I have a functioning deploy TV script which adds the computer to the "Computers and Contacts" for each login, and i have the tabs up and running, just missing the actual scripts. (Only one I really want is the GetID. I would love to know how you got that!)

This is an great intergration!

It works great for V8, but we moved on to V9. Installing works, except the password won't take during the silent install.

Any idea what this could cause?

This is an great intergration!

It works great for V8, but we moved on to V9. Installing works, except the password won't take during the silent install.

Any idea what this could cause?

We are having the same issue. Anyone have an update for v9?

not to be the jerk that says read the rest of the thread, but version 9 has been discussed already. The lovely folks at GFI have removed the ability to specify a password during msi install. They claim this has to do with improving security. You can get around this by setting a registry entry to allow auto update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

not to be the jerk that says read the rest of the thread, but version 9 has been discussed already. The lovely folks at GFI have removed the ability to specify a password during msi install. They claim this has to do with improving security. You can get around this by setting a registry entry to allow auto update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats incorrect, you can import a password via the MSI install from a previous installation. It won't be randomly generated, but it will import.

*edit*

Export the advanced settings including a personal password and license key. make sure the name is "TeamViewer_Settings.reg" without quotes and drop it in the same folder as the MSI. It will import the information.

OK I could be wrong - what we had with version 8 was the ability to use a unique password generated by Labtech and then passed through to the installation via a command line switch. This worked great.

Speaking with GFI directly they said that that switch was only put in for Labtech, and it has been removed with 9. They also said it was a security issue. I believe (and I'm speculating) that it's a money issue and that perhaps Labtech only licensed version 8?

If I want all my endpoints to have the same unattended password that will work (importing the .reg), that is bad security though.

So - and please correct me if I'm worng - summarizing the state of affairs:

If you want to use the Custom Tab and you have a paid Teamviewer Tech License your options are:

1. Use the same password for all deployments (or generate an individual .reg files per machine or per client - don't think this is a good idea)

2. Continue to use Version 8

3. User Version 8 with a added line to tell it to "Auto-Upgrade" then you sort of have the best of both although not immediate.

So - and please correct me if I'm worng - summarizing the state of affairs:

If you want to use the Custom Tab and you have a paid Teamviewer Tech License your options are:

1. Use the same password for all deployments (or generate an individual .reg files per machine or per client - don't think this is a good idea)

2. Continue to use Version 8

3. User Version 8 with a added line to tell it to "Auto-Upgrade" then you sort of have the best of both although not immediate.

That is pretty much it. We will just have to stay with TV8, as we update our passwords regularly for security.

Speaking with GFI directly they said that that switch was only put in for Labtech

Its interesting to hear the BS reasons companies use to justify their actions.

So..... just to be clear on this matter. If we have TV commerical edition we have to have the .reg file?

I am currently pushing out my tv8 host that us under trial, and the password command does not seem to be working. TV is installing, but the password that is getting populated into the EDF is clearly not the password that the host program is expecting.

So..... just to be clear on this matter. If we have TV commerical edition we have to have the .reg file?

I am currently pushing out my tv8 host that us under trial, and the password command does not seem to be working. TV is installing, but the password that is getting populated into the EDF is clearly not the password that the host program is expecting.

It should work. The reg file is so the teamviewer doesnt popup after the install. I've found that this reg file only works on 64 bit machines. Whenever I install it on a 32 bit machine the popup still comes up.

I'd have to have a look at your script. Is the password that is populating the EDF a random password? Or is it the same every time?

If you want to stop the popup you can terminate the teamviewer.exe process after the install then just restart the service.

That should stop it from showing.

Ok I have done some research into how TeamViewer 9 works.

Pretty much the password is set via WebAPI, so the ID checks in and the password is set from there.

From what I can see the WebAPI calls are not in the public documentation as far as I can tell.

I only see information for user accounts, meetings and quick support sessions.

If teamviewer wont give use the details then we may have to find another way.

I have it installed but its still not showing up.

You need to install it and then import the tab from the files you downloaded here. Just go to the dashboard -> config -> integration -> custom tabs and import the tab

Just would like to say thanks. This was my task for the long weekend my research lead me here - and all up it took about an hour and a half - and that included time to edit it to run with V6. Very well done and very easy to follow.

Anyone know how to incorporate the use of this into the remote support section of the reports? To log remote support times?

Also, for some reason randomly throughout my client base the TeamViewer service will be stopped and disabled and I will need to go in and re-enable and start the service. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks in advanced!

I have not found a way to integrate in to the connection reports, as LabTech is handing this off to another application. I am using the TeamViewer connection logging for this purpose.

I have seen the service stop, but not disable. Interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this.