screwloose

TeamViewer 8 Commercial Intergration

I have not found a way to integrate in to the connection reports, as LabTech is handing this off to another application. I am using the TeamViewer connection logging for this purpose.

I have seen the service stop, but not disable. Interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this.

We use Vipre Buisness, but I don't think that is the issue, as I would be getting some sort of indication that it did something. And I don't think it necessarily would be setting it to disabled if Vipre was doing it and it would be happening more frequently, as we have quite a few clients that have Vipre.

We are using TeamViewer right now too, but have found it to be very hit n miss on the connecting (asking for admin/password a lot), but once connect it's great!

Lately, we have moved over to ScreenConnect and the connection is 100%, and the logging in its backend DB is awesome. - I would recommend you give ScreenConnect you give that a look, and there is a script/EDF collection by Leon posted on this forum too, to help you get the ball rolling!! +100 to Leon for that!!

Another good thing about ScreenConnect is that is independent of LabTech, so if your LT server goes down... you can still remote in to your clients PC's/Server's.

Regards,

We are using TeamViewer right now too, but have found it to be very hit n miss on the connecting (asking for admin/password a lot), but once connect it's great!

Lately, we have moved over to ScreenConnect and the connection is 100%, and the logging in its backend DB is awesome. - I would recommend you give ScreenConnect you give that a look, and there is a script/EDF collection by Leon posted on this forum too, to help you get the ball rolling!! +100 to Leon for that!!

Another good thing about ScreenConnect is that is independent of LabTech, so if your LT server goes down... you can still remote in to your clients PC's/Server's.

Regards,

What do you mean "asking for admin/password a lot"? You should need to enter the admin password every time. Unless what you are saying is ID/Password. The only time it gets into the server without asking for a password is when the user is already logged in.

Does anyone know how to automatically add TV 8 to a group when its installed? Id love to have a single script i can run to install TV, but then automatically add the TV ID to a group in the TV groups labeled the ClientID from Labtech. Is this possible?

Its not from my experience, you can specify which group new items are put into though. We drop them into the a NEW COMPUTERS group, and sort them later.

what else am i missing, i imported all the sql and xml's in there. could someone help me. I feel i am so close just missing something simple. jason@enertronllc.com

I can not get the connect to work, nor is it populating my teamviewer id, and when i do populate it, it will not save.

Capture.JPG.692747c9a48f00b28e4c36c7f3ade601.JPG

Capture2.JPG.d9eb2597c38d8384822690e2137a1a5c.JPG

I am having the same issue as jruzzo. Everyting is great, minus the fact the ID and password never populates. Any advice on what I might have done wrong or what I can do to fix this?

You can achieve this by creating Teamviewer Hosts installation for each client that automatically puts them into the specified group. We're using Teamviewer 9 and this is done in the management console. You would then deploy a unique host per client. We're working on scripting this for our own internal purposes.

Does anyone know how to automatically add TV 8 to a group when its installed? Id love to have a single script i can run to install TV, but then automatically add the TV ID to a group in the TV groups labeled the ClientID from Labtech. Is this possible?

ehall - teamviewer set to autoupdate now teamviewer 10 is released the agents are updating to teamviewer 10 which is wanting to force me to update

Hello,

i'm new on this board and have today read a lot of threads. Now i want to install this AddOn, but when i press a button, nothing happen.

Here the steps i did:

- import the SQL-Files

- import the XML-Files

- after this install the PlugIn Custom Tab

- import the SQL-Files again

- import the XML-Files again

- import the Custom Tab-XML File

- put the TeamViewer-8-Host-File to the Transfer-Directory

- in the Custom-Tab i entered the Script-IDs for the three scripts and changed the TeamViewer-Path.

Now i have the tab with the TeamViewer-Tab and the scripts. The Scripts work perfectly when i choose the scripts in the Agent-View. The Scripts enter the TeamViewer-ID and the Password correctly to the database and the TeamViewer-Tab shows booth entries and the TeamViewer is correctly installed and works properly.

What did i wrong?

Thanks

Melanchthon

First off, thank you very much for posting this. I have implemented it to our system and it works great. Second I just wanted to share my experience for those of you who are looking to update to 9 or 10. We are using 10 with these scripts and it works great, you just need to do a few additional steps to get it going.

1. Install as stated by the OP with Version 8.

2. Once you have tested and made sure the ID and Password are importing to Labtech correctly move on to step 3

3. I customized the Version 10 exe on the Teamviewer Website and uploaded it to the Labtech server. Create a script that downloads the exe into the same dir as the install script and runs is silent with no password switch. This will update Version 8 without changing the password.

4. Update your engineers version to 10 as well.

Once you follow these steps you will have Version 10 installed and working just as well as 8 and you don't have to worry about autoupdate working or not working. Let me know if you have any questions.