Nemesis

Custom TAB Creator aka Rapid Development Kit (RDK) v1.1

Hey fellow LabTechGeeks!

Check out this freaking awesome 'custom tabs on steroids' that lets you create your own plugins without writing any code. Just drag and drop and add new functionality to LabTech. I know your all writing scripts - Make a nice ToolBox for all those scripts your wrote! Get out of SQLYOG and have data displayed right where you need it! etc etc.

The screenshots below (ok not pretty,I'm just trying to show functionality) I've added a datagrid that returns SQL, 3 buttons that run scripts, a custom QR code generated from Google, and a cool picture of my geolocated users on a map. Total Time 6 minutes.

Go get it, and have fun. Let me know if you find anything that doesn't work.

CYA: Alpha. Not official, not QA'd, Not supported or endorsed by LabTech or ConnectWise.

Note: replacements should work, just be aware to use %ID% instead of %computerid%, %locationid%, or %customerid%.

Fixed: Replacements should work now. :)

Quick Video Demo:

-Nemesis

Designer Mode:

a2KT2NCl.png

Results In LabTech:

726ayOel.png

Get it here:

http://bit.ly/294S1Ob

Big shout out to Josh for all the development works and to Greg for the custom tabs inspriation!

Edited by Guest

Looks like fun. I tried to load it in and it errored out on me.

"There was an error uploading the new plugin."

Running LabTech 10.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2 if that helps at all.

I've had reports on this for two reasons:

1: The dll might be 'blocked' since it was downloaded. Right click/properties unblock and retry.

2: Others have reported they had to load it running the Control Center on the server

3: Others have 'just tried it again' and it imported successfully the second time.

Let me know if either of those work/dont work.

-Nemesis

I've had reports on this for two reasons:

1: The dll might be 'blocked' since it was downloaded. Right click/properties unblock and retry.

2: Others have reported they had to load it running the Control Center on the server

3: Others have 'just tried it again' and it imported successfully the second time.

Let me know if either of those work/dont work.

-Nemesis

I had the same error message, Unblock the file didn't help adding it from my PC, I've just successfully added it from LT server CC without that error ... BUT, i cannot find it in my Congfig>Integration

i see it in Plugin Manager , I also restarted the Agent DB , and the CC

Looks like i need better instructions!

1: Load the plugin via plugin manager

2: Restart Control Center

3: Goto tools menu/Rapid Development Kit

4: Fill out the left 3 text boxes (Top Level Tab Text/Application Name & Author)

5: Pick a tab on the left (say computers)

6: Add an control (say datagridview) and drag it where you want it

7: With the datagridview selected, on the right under Object Configuration choose SQL Statement and put a statement in "select count(*) from computers;" and hit TEST SQL

8: Save it, and go open a computer and look for the new tab (it will have the label you used for "Top Level Tab Text"

Oh man , I was in hurry to test it!! I looked to your 2nd screenshot, then downloaded the DLL file and started looking in Dashboard :)

I see it now.

Thank you !!

This looks really cool :)

I will try it out but I already have a couple ideas.

Will report back once I have some time to try it :)

Drew,

So far this is working fairly well.

A couple of notes:

Each time I launch the tool, I am presented with terms and conditions and must select the check box to proceed...not sure if this is by design or if it's supposed to retain the fact I've already acknowledged and agreed to the terms?

I have noticed that sometimes when I open an application, apply changes and select save, it does not always save. I will have to close the RDK and reopen the application and apply changes and save. This is most common after switching applications.

Feature Requests:

Would be nice to have option to add sub-tabs on whatever we are creating.

Ability to open the Application Window and select to rename, remove.

Ability to copy an application.

Ability to import/export an application for backup and to promote community sharing.

Add option in Application menu bar to close current project.

Overall, very easy to use. Hopefully this will continue to grow and expand as a tool. I can see many options for this moving forward. Thanks Drew.

Jeff

I agree with starbucksgold on feature requests. Couple things to add

The option to limit user access via user classes. I am not familiar with the way plugins behave with user classes. One way i could see would be to have two plugins: one for the backend application definitions, and one for actually displaying the tabs in the various sections of the control center. That way we could give access to one but not the other.

Add conditional displays. I.E. an application is defined to show up on the computer level, but only if a particular field matches a certain value

Otherwise can't wait to build more things in it. Looks really promising!

Installed and tried it very quickly. Awesome :)

I also have the licence agreement each time I run the plugin.

Thanks,

Thomas

The License Agreement must be agreed to each time the designer is launched. You can quick accept by simply pressing Enter at the EULA.

This is currently by design as I would need to track the acceptance by each user.. I get it too when I use it. I might implement it in the future, but for now you need to accept.

-Nemesis

Nemesis,

- In Custom Tabs, I was using "%ASK%%VARNAME%%Question to Ask%" in parameters field, then a popup message box appears when I click the button (linked to script) to write the parameter I want.

Is it is possible here? If yes, what I have to use? which variable?

Thank you

Edited by Guest

Nemesis,

In Custom Tabs, I was using "%ASK%%VARNAME%%Question to Ask%" in parameters field, then a popup message box appears when I click the button (linked to script) to write the parameter I want.

Is it is possible here? If yes, what I have to use? which variable?

Thank you

Using variables for scripts is NOT implemented.. YET. - but will be very very very shortly - working on that now.

Also adding the ability to reference fields. Think adding a textbox1 and entering data, then referencing that data for a script or sql.

Stay tuned.

-Nemesis

Edit:

suggestions:

- Add font\Text size , at least for Label.

- Possibility to add icon for the new tab.

- Right click on cells when "DataGridView"

- I have this also, and i noticed that not only it doesn't save, but it deletes what was saved before on that application :( plus now after creating couple tabs, i can open ONLY the 1st one ...

I have noticed that sometimes when I open an application, apply changes and select save, it does not always save. I will have to close the RDK and reopen the application and apply changes and save. This is most common after switching applications.

That is all for now :) Thank you for your work!

Using variables for scripts is NOT implemented.. YET. - but will be very very very shortly - working on that now.

Also adding the ability to reference fields. Think adding a textbox1 and entering data, then referencing that data for a script or sql.

Could this work based on selecting a row from a SQL view?

Update:

You can now 'reference' other object in RDK.

In this example. I have a new computer tab, with a text field that I can enter a number into. When I hit F5, the second textbox is populated with the computername of the ComputerID entered using the sql statement on the right.

-Nemesis

iAH2aoa.png

Suggestion/Request: To be able to pass the value of an object(Text box) to a script as a variable. this is kind of along the same lines as the %ASKVAR% bit and script variables. Just a thought.

Great meeting you at AN. Thanks for your contributions!!

Suggestion/Request: To be able to pass the value of an object(Text box) to a script as a variable. this is kind of along the same lines as the %ASKVAR% bit and script variables. Just a thought.

Great meeting you at AN. Thanks for your contributions!!

Great suggestion, I'll see if we can do that.

-Nemesis

Hey,

Great plugin, few suggestions though...

1. Ability to add EDF Fields and place as desired, including Drop Down Box EDF's, I could seriously improve some of my Custom Tabs with this plugin for example! :)

2. Ability to show \ hide items based on content, so for example I have a SpeedTest EDF filed, would be cool if this could only be shown if there is results present!

Sure there was more but I can't think and have work to do! :(

Currently though I have 3 Custom Tabs (I have lots more but 3 deployments ones), 1x Client, 1x Location and 1x Computer these are used to set software permissions each level overriding the last if set, these are set using Drop Down boxes in our case.

Would be awesome to be able to merge these onto One Tab with 1 column for Client Permissions, 1 column for Location permissions, another for Computer and finally a install results column!

This could also be used nicely to display log results from CCleaner \ Temp File Cleaner I suspect but not tied yet, anyone else tried something like that?!

Thanks

Stuart.