Tcholland

Client IE version info

Hello,

I need to quickly see which version of IE is installed on all computers at a clients location. I saw nothing in reports. I went to Data Views > Software > Full Software Listing, but I dont see anything there either. I see Chrome and Firefox, but nothing about what version of IE is installed.

I am trying to see if maybe I can pull this information from Patching, but it seems like there should be a much easier way to see which version of IE is installed.

Has anyone found an easy way to pull this information in LT, dataviews, reports, or any other way?

Thank you

Thank you for the link, trying it out now. On a side note, it is pretty strange that this information needs a plugin for LabTech to be able to pull.

You don't necessarily 'need' that plugin in order to determine the IE versions, but I've found the plugin is the easiest to use (in terms of ease of use and reporting). I know there is a script floating somewhere on here that will save the IE version to an EDF for each machine, I can't find it off hand but I'm sure if you search for it on here you'll pull it up. From my experience thus far, most things that cannot be accomplished right out of the box in LT can be preformed using plugins/scripts. This forum here, squattingdog.net and squidworks.net are the best places to look at. Odds are you're not the first person to encounter a 'problem' so be sure to search previous posts/threads.

You can use powershell to query the IE version with the following command:

(Get-Item 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer').GetValue('Version')

EDIT: If you store it in an EDF you can use the search function for that EDF to generate a report listing each agent and what version it has. Here's what my basic script looks like. I also created a tab to list all my custom EDFs.

59ec94416866b_IEversion.PNG.e545e7bd664e2187dfb6f5efd3ccc270.PNG

EDF.png.477651d35c73253fe755161f0d9028ff.png