brett.savage

Scripting - Decrease Agent Checkin time

Is there any way to decrease the amount of time it takes for an agent to check in when running scripts?

We have several scripts that reboot the workstations which will cause the fast talk to stop so now our scripts are taking hours to run because of the 5 min between each cmd.

I thought there was an option but I cannot seem to find it in LT11

Write a reboot wrapper that can be called the scripts in question. That way you can monitor when the reboot is done and launch the next script from the first.

There's code around here somewhere that does a decent job of causing a reboot and monitoring it until it's done.

Not sure that will help, the reboots are not taking that long and the script is not timing out. It is just taking the 5 min for each cmd to send because the agent only checks in every 5 min.

I am looking for a presistant fast talk or something along those lines.

You can make them a master, you could also trigger fastalk inside the script. 30 seconds for master, 4 seconds for fastalk.

As far as I know there isn't a persistent fasttalk. That said, I've used the method above countless times to keep scripted processes going regardless of reboot.

One thing you might try that would help is to scripting a fasttalk from the calling script once the reboot is detected as "done".

For what it's worth I've attached my reboot monitoring script. You should be able to call it from the original script and immediately after calling it issue a fastalk command to keep things rolling.

There are many commented out commands that are basically extra logging information. I'ts not the prettiest but it works. Some of this script was borrowed from the script I mentioned in my previous post. (I don't want to take full credit for it :)

Hope this helps.

Reboot and wait for completion.7z