timbo83251

Active Directory User List

So recently i noticed my AD views was missing. I ran the SQL to import but now my report is saying it cant find the v_activedirectory_computers. When I try to import the repx to Report Designer, I now get the format issue even with the file that does not have the subreport. Not sure if there is a workaround or if the latest patch does not let me use the report.

Check your database and see if you can see that view in there. I am not aware of any issues with the latest patch, however, I am on patch 10.

Yeah im on patch 12. I ran the report two days ago but that same night I ran a Report Center update and the next day it said it couldnt find that view. When I imported the SQL file, i see it re-created in SQLYOG but it still missing the _computers. But even when I tried to import the original repx file from the zip file here, im seeing the format error and wont let me republish it. Can you provide me a recent zip file if possible? 

Edited by rmjr718

4 hours ago, rmjr718 said:

Yeah im on patch 12. I ran the report two days ago but that same night I ran a Report Center update and the next day it said it couldnt find that view. When I imported the SQL file, i see it re-created in SQLYOG but it still missing the _computers. But even when I tried to import the original repx file from the zip file here, im seeing the format error and wont let me republish it. Can you provide me a recent zip file if possible? 

So you see all 4 views in SQLYOG? After those views are in place, it should just import the repx file without an issue. I cant easily give you a new zip file because I have made several changes to the report and the views and I would need to make sure everything is stripped out of the report before putting out a new version of it.

I see 3 views actually. v_activedirectory, v_activedirectory_compliance and v_activedirectory_groups. That shows after importing the SQL file in the zip file. 

27 minutes ago, rmjr718 said:

I see 3 views actually. v_activedirectory, v_activedirectory_compliance and v_activedirectory_groups. That shows after importing the SQL file in the zip file. 

Right click on the main Views folder and create a new view named v_activedirectory_computers and put the following SQL statement in the ()

SELECT
  `computers`.`ClientID`             AS `clientid`,
  `computers`.`LastUsername`         AS `Username`,
  `plugin_ad_entries`.`DomainGUID`   AS `domainguid`,
  `plugin_ad_computers`.`ObjectGUID` AS `ObjectGUID`,
  GROUP_CONCAT(SUBSTR(LEFT(`plugin_ad_memberofxrefs`.`GroupDN`,(LOCATE(',',`plugin_ad_memberofxrefs`.`GroupDN`) - 1)),4) SEPARATOR ',') AS `GroupList`,
  `plugin_ad_computers`.`OS`         AS `OS`,
  `plugin_ad_computers`.`LogonCount` AS `LogonCount`,
  `plugin_ad_computers`.`LastLogon`  AS `LastLogon`,
  `plugin_ad_entries`.`Name`         AS `ComputerName`,
  `plugin_ad_entries`.`WhenChanged`  AS `ChangedDate`,
  `plugin_ad_entries`.`WhenCreated`  AS `CreatedDate`
FROM ((((`plugin_ad_computers`
      JOIN `plugin_ad_entries`
        ON ((`plugin_ad_computers`.`ObjectGUID` = `plugin_ad_entries`.`ObjectGUID`)))
     JOIN `plugin_ad_memberofxrefs`
       ON ((`plugin_ad_computers`.`ObjectGUID` = `plugin_ad_memberofxrefs`.`ObjectGUID`)))
    JOIN `plugin_ad_domains`
      ON ((`plugin_ad_entries`.`DomainGUID` = `plugin_ad_domains`.`ObjectGUID`)))
   JOIN `computers`
     ON ((`plugin_ad_domains`.`InfrastructureServerID` = `computers`.`ComputerID`)))
WHERE (NOT(`plugin_ad_entries`.`Name` IN(SELECT
                                           `computers`.`Name`
                                         FROM `computers`
                                         WHERE ((`plugin_ad_entries`.`Name` = `computers`.`Name`)
                                                AND (`computers`.`OS` LIKE CONCAT('%',`plugin_ad_computers`.`OS`,'%'))))))
GROUP BY `plugin_ad_computers`.`ObjectGUID`

thank you. noticed I dont have plugin_Ad_computers anymore either. I am working on getting that restored. I do see it in my Labtech Backups zip file. 

17 minutes ago, rmjr718 said:

Got it! Thanks. Not sure why or how that table disappeared. Thank god for backups. 

That would definitely explain the issue lol. If there is no table, a view cannot be created for it. Glad you got it working!

Edited by rmuell01

Man this looks really cool, but the ZIP files I found on this thread have SQL in them that doesn't seem to do anything other than drop 4 views that aren't there by default, and a lot of commented out stuff. I just looked at the code, didn't run it. Is it possible to re-post the original ZIP? I'm on 12.0.12 and latest RC, if that kills my chances.