bigdessert

RMM+ ScreenConnect Plugin with Labtech Integration

Keep getting - The Script(6115) failed in the Then section at step 8. The reason: Supplied guid not supported - just trying to run the ipconfig command.

Been trying this simple script - returns the correct info for the GUID and URL but then throws the error that the supplied GUID is not supported

Capture2.JPG.c80840b43c09d0f9c97d983d2e43c8a8.JPG

Capture.JPG.5e09fbff20b208390caa0d5be95ae01e.JPG

Huge facepalm... ugh... plus the plugin wasn't installed properly ... DB Loaded check mark was missing... restarted the database agent and now it's ok.

Thank you!

ScreenConnect RMM+extension is added, plugin added to Labtech, where do I put my key from the ScreenConnect plugin in Cubert's utility? When trying to wake machines, it just says Wrong Key...

ah it's one of the right click options...I was looking everywhere else lol and no one asked in the thread

• Like 1

imurphy: I installed the scripts from your zip file and it only has 2 scripts. Has there been a change not reflected here in this thread?

Ihuarraquax: the second rawsql you posted looks like a script not a monitor. Is that right?

@axiomcrs quite right, I've just checked the zip and its missing a file. I'll have to redo that. I may take the opportunity to make it work better

I'm hoping to use it when an agent is not checking in and I know it is online so that I can get it to start checking in again.

I'm attaching a number of scripts(). They're mostly examples or templates to be used to do things like set custom properties.

What you have to do: set the password under clients > [your company] > passwords tab > user Connectwise Control RMM+

The script now no longer contains the RMM+ password, it uses the password from the entry above.

If it doesn't exist, the script will create it.

If your own client ID is 1 then the script will just create an entry called "Connectwise Control RMM+" under your own client name, where you can set the password.

If your client Id is not 1 or you don't want to use the username "Connectwise Control RMM+" , this can be modified in dashboard > config > configurations > properties

_sysRMMPlusClientID

_sysRMMPlusUserId

There is a script which executes ipconfig on the PC, via Connectwise Control (screenconnect)

There is a script which checks if the agent is online in Connectwise Control (screenconnect)

There is a script which restarts the Connectwise Automate (LT) agent, but via Connectwise Control (screenconnect)

There is a script which updates a Connectwise Control agent custom property attribute

Theres a script which will, if the Automate agent is offline, run the reset script above. This script can be run on all nodes to restart any nodes which might be hung.

Ian

SC.zip

yes, the 'restart cw automate agent, but via cw control)' one mentioned above. The last one can be run on all machines and it only tries to restart those where Automate is offline and Cw Control is online. ... so no scripts hanging around waiting on offline nodes.

ah, wait. You said if CW Automate is offiline *AND* CW Control is offline - so no connection to the box. If there is no communication, exactly how do you expect the command to get to the box to tell it to restart anything?

so, no, my scripts don't perform magic.

I thought it was possible for one agent to talk to another agent if they are in the same network. That's why I asked.

If the network is a domain, then using a probe (or issuing the commands without the probe is possible) it is possible to get commands to the offline agent to restart/kill the two CWA services.

Yes, this could be achieved, but it would not be something reliable as there isn't any generic and easy way to work out if a node is in the same network. Having said that, yes, it would be possible to write something which made a number of assumptions and which tried to open a connection to other nodes on the network to reinstall or restart services.

I find myself in a situation where most of my client's networks are not domains and getting agents back online is not possible without asking someone at the site to restart the computer. When an agent is offline and its sc is not working either and you know the computer is on, what is one to do?

On 8/24/2017 at 7:18 AM, imurphy said:

I'm attaching a number of scripts(). They're mostly examples or templates to be used to do things like set custom properties.

What you have to do: set the password under clients > [your company] > passwords tab > user Connectwise Control RMM+

The script now no longer contains the RMM+ password, it uses the password from the entry above.

If it doesn't exist, the script will create it.

If your own client ID is 1 then the script will just create an entry called "Connectwise Control RMM+" under your own client name, where you can set the password.

If your client Id is not 1 or you don't want to use the username "Connectwise Control RMM+" , this can be modified in dashboard > config > configurations > properties

_sysRMMPlusClientID

_sysRMMPlusUserId

There is a script which executes ipconfig on the PC, via Connectwise Control (screenconnect)

There is a script which checks if the agent is online in Connectwise Control (screenconnect)

There is a script which restarts the Connectwise Automate (LT) agent, but via Connectwise Control (screenconnect)

There is a script which updates a Connectwise Control agent custom property attribute

Theres a script which will, if the Automate agent is offline, run the reset script above. This script can be run on all nodes to restart any nodes which might be hung.

Ian

SC.zip

I’ve been looking for something like this, thank you!  Do you just run the script that restarts the LT agent when SC is online on a schedule or in an alert template when an offline agent is detected?

I saw the Plugins4Labtech mentioned earlier here but now it’s no longer free but a monthly charge.

https://www.plugins4labtech.com/products/stalled-labtech-agent-detector-per-month

To be honest I have only ever had to use this after upgrades. Occasionally an upgrade or plugin will cause agents to hang. Restarting the agent cures the problem, but there are always machines which reboot infrequently - which is where these scripts comes in. One of them can be run on all nodes and it will only fire off the SC script if the LT agent is offline.

Just think about what you are asking axiomcrs, let's simplify this into basics. You only have 2 methods to communicate to your agent, first is the LTService itself and second is ScreenConnect. If both of these services are stopped or not running, that means you cannot talk to the computer remotely. If you cannot talk to the computer remotely you cannot restart any of the services...

Just now, tgeske said:

Just think about what you are asking axiomcrs, let's simplify this into basics. You only have 2 methods to communicate to your agent, first is the LTService itself and second is ScreenConnect. If both of these services are stopped or not running, that means you cannot talk to the computer remotely. If you cannot talk to the computer remotely you cannot restart any of the services...

Not exactly. Could have another computer in the domain run remote commands. 

I'm trying to use the Wake Command in a script and am getting the following error

Invoke-RestMethod : {"errorType":"ArgumentException","message":"Unable to 
convert arguments to corresponding parameter types","detail":null}
At line:1 char:1
+ & Invoke-RestMethod -Method Post -Uri 'https://MYSERVER:443/App_ ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (System.Net.HttpWebRequest:Htt 
   pWebRequest) [Invoke-RestMethod], WebException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebCmdletWebResponseException,Microsoft.PowerShe 
   ll.Commands.InvokeRestMethodComman

Below is the script I'm working with

image.thumb.png.744d107efd911cc4c159258969ee25dc.png

I also tried running the command w/ iMurphy's scripts and received the same error.