jctwaldo

Installing Control Center in Linux

We just purchased LabTech and we are getting it rolled out to our clients. Our technicians primarily use Linux (mostly Ubuntu) as their preferred OS. We are hoping that we can install Labtech Control Center on the Linux workstations for the technicians to use but I am finding that it doesn't install under Wine very easily due to the heavy reliance on .net. I was wondering if anyone here has installed Control Center in Ubuntu or any linux distribution and would be willing to share with me the steps taken to get it installed and working.

• Like 1

I try about every 6 months or so to get CWManage or Automate CC to install and run in Wine, but no luck (today is 6/1/2020).

The real answer here is to use web version of Automate CC.

It can handle most day-to-day tasks, including Control. You can't access the Report Center though. For times when I need to access the Report Center, I'll securely connect to a Windows server (Terminal or otherwise) to get what I need, but otherwise the web version is fine.