Ltat42

Labtech shows Webroot not installed

Our Labtech 11 Agent was recently updated to 110.345. With this update that went out to all of our end points, it is now showing that Webroot SA is not installed, even though it is on the remote end point. Research into this on labtech website, our configuration appears to be correct. We've noticed that a system with a 32bit OS and a 32bit Webroot - Labtech shows that it is installed. If a system has 64 bit OS, and a 64bit Webroot, that shows installed as well. For a system with 64bit OS and 32bit Webroot - they all show as not installed. Has anyone else ran into this??

Seems like we saw this on the earlier version. Patch 9 has been released and takes the agent to 110.350 i believe it is. Try installing that and be sure Webroot is up-to-date in Solution Center.

Did that take care of it for you? We noticed this as well and are on Patch 9 and up to date in the Solution Center and it still isn't working. Some are saying it's not installed when it is and others saying the service isn't running when it is.

No, still not resolved. We are still on version 110.345 Patch 8. Funny thing is, I noticed one of our customers has a 64bit OS system, with 32bit TrendMicro AV - it shows installed. Others with Webroot show "Not installed".

We had similar issues and opened a ticket with Webroot support.

The tech I worked with said that there were problems installing the plugin via Solutions Center.

He uninstalled, cleaned up the database, and manually installed.

I don't believe we've had issues since. Certainly, not the number we had in the past.

Hi Ltat42,

Open dashboard and then navigate to Config->Configurations->Virus Scan. Find the webroot entry in table view and make sure that there is "*" end of AP Process. See screenshot:

Then send inventory to computer. That's it.

If you are looking for LabTech Consulting services, don't hesitate to email me. Believe me it is not costly :)

webroot.PNG.6cd1da5a594716e902fa805cddc5286a.PNG

Yes, we have verified that setting is correct in our Dashboard. We still have systems that show Webroot is not installed.

I had the same issue. Using agent version 110.345 and did what Jagjeet suggested with adding the '*' to the end of the AP process worked for us.

Make sure you issue the 'Resend Inventory' from the PC that is showing the false positive alert. The status will not update until this is done.

Thanks Jagjeet!

Thanks, but no luck, still shows Not Installed. Here's a few things we have tried:

In our Dashboard Config, we have these entries for Webroot Secure Anywhere:

Webroot SecureAnywhere 64bit > %programfiles(x86)%\Webroot\WRSA.exe > "%programfiles(x86)%\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -poll

Webroot SecureAnywhere 64bit > %programfiles%\Webroot\WRSA.exe > "%programfiles%\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -poll

Webroot SecureAnywhere 64bit > %programfiles%\Webroot\WRSA.exe > "%programfiles%\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -poll

Webroot SecureAnywhere 32bit > %programfiles%\Webroot\WRSA.exe > "%programfiles%\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -poll

Not real sure why there are two entries the same (#2 & #3). We have ensured that each one has the " * " at the end of the AP process. We have ensured that these paths do exist on the end workstations.

Commands>Inventory>Update config

Commands>Inventory>Resend Everything

Commands>System Tools>Update Virus Definitions

Commands>LabTech>Force remote to Update

If we go to the Webroot Plugin, Plug in says the AV is up-to-date, and shows the latest scan. The tile shows "Not Installed".

Is the Webroot installed and managed through labtech? Meaning it was installed from labtech and the Webroot license codes are in labtech customer area.

The reason I ask, my original issue was Webroot showing as disabled, (which was fixed as shown above), but I just saw another PC tonight that shows as no av on the antivirus panel also. Upon further research, this customer has their own licensed Webroot installed which labtech still connects to it and we can issue commands to, but shows as no antivirus installed. There is also no Webroot key listed for this customer either.

Could this be similar to your situation?

I don't believe so. Webroot gets installed when the agent gets installed. We can still go to the Webroot portal and see all our our systems, which show current. Our Labtech version is currently at 110.345 Patch 8. When we were at 110.331, we didn't have this issue.

I had this issue a little while back. LabTech support checked my server and made a change to resolve the issue for Windows PCs.

For Mac agents, there isn't an AV definition for Webroot by default, but I worked with LabTech on a second ticket, and got that resolved.

Here's an attachment of what my settings look like currently.

Labtech-WRAV.PNG.103359f246ca3bf0e9e7a6ffc1e752b7.PNG

For the PC that is not showing webroot as being installed, go to the Software panel and see what it says under the column "Install Path".

If this PC has a different install path than what is configured in the Dashboard, this could be your problem. (Also check to make sure via File Explorer for the WRlog.log is in the correct place)

Add another Webroot line in the Virus Scan to match your findings and then resend inventory and update configs.

Let me know if this helps

The install path is the same on systems that do show installed, and those systems that show "Not Installed".

I have verified that the WRlog.log file is in the correct directory.

Yes, need to remember these tweaks when updating solution center until they fix this. Is there a bug reporting facility outside of Support?

Have you tried to temporarily change the setting on the Virus Scan page where it says OS Version from 64bit/32bit to all?

Yes, I've tried that. This past weekend, our LT was updated to 110.350-Patch 9. I was hoping that this would remedy the issue, but hasn't. The 64bit OS systems still show Webroot Not Installed. 32bit OS systems are showing normal.

Sounds like it's right then. If it's not cleared up by resetting the monitor and resend everything there may be something else up. I can provide an example of our setting that is working with WRSA and LT11 patch 9