Ltat42

Labtech shows Webroot not installed

I have not reset the monitor. Is that done by going to Internal Monitors, Right mouse click - Run Now and Reset Monitor??

I tried that. Our Internal Monitor was showing "Detected". I did the run now and reset monitor. It now shows No Problems. However, when I open an end device, it is still showing "Not Installed". Can we look at your example?? Thanks.

This info should also be update-able via Solution Center at this time as well if anyone happens to still be experiencing this. As mentioned above, we generally resolve this by ensuring the Virus Scan Defs are up-to-date then Right click Client/Site/Machine - choose Commands > Labtech > Update Plugins followed by Commands > Inventory > Update Inventory > Resend Everything

Here we go again with a Webroot not showing as installed problem again.

This time, it is only happening with windows XP computers. 

I believe it showed as XP 2003 prior and the webroot plugin update has the XP 2003 showed as legacy and i believe it was removed.

I checked the Virus scanner list and there is nothing listed for XP 2003.

Does anyone have the manaul virus scan screen shot on what is listed in their Virus Config to detect these machines?  

I am currently on Labtech V110.418

Hi!

The XP 2003 definition was removed as it on seldom occasion clashed with Server 2003 and therefore display the wrong information. Be sure to update your AV definitions via Solution Center - after send the Resend Everything inventory command and Update Plugins command. This typically resolves this issue for me.

Yup, i did update the AV definitions via the solution center. 

I realize the XP/2003 was removed bu now I am getting false alerts for AV Not installed when it really is.

Is there a way to bypass this and manually enter an entry, id rather the wrong version show than no version at all.

Surely there are many others with the same concern.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Were you able to send the agent commands I mentioned? If you have an * behind the AP Process for the Virus Scan Definition and you've sent these commands and they were able to complete successfully then a simple refresh of the agent's Computer Screen should allow the update to be displayed. If this is not the case you may have other underlying issues here that would be contributing, personally I would ensure to contact Support to ensure this isn't the case.

Automate has information on creation/editing of Virus Scan Definitions here:

https://docs.labtechsoftware.com/LabTech11/Default.htm#Configuration/AntivirusDefinitions/CreatingEditingAntivirusDefs.htm

If you truly would just like more information then see below:

Name:                                                                    DefLocation                                                                                       DefFilename
Webroot SecureAnywhere 32bit                            %ProgramData%\WRData\WRLog.log                                             (.*)
Webroot SecureAnywhere 64bit                            %ProgramData%\WRData\WRLog.log                                             (.*)
Webroot SecureAnywhere XP 2003 32bit             %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\WRData\WRLog.log     (.*)
Webroot SecureAnywhere XP 2003 64bit             %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\WRData\WRLog.log     (.*)

Name:                                                                    ProgLocation:
Webroot SecureAnywhere 32bit                           %programfiles(x86)%\Webroot\WRSA.exe
Webroot SecureAnywhere 64bit                           %programfiles%\Webroot\WRSA.exe
Webroot SecureAnywhere XP 2003 32bit            %programfiles(x86)%\Webroot\WRSA.exe
Webroot SecureAnywhere XP 2003 64bit            %programfiles%\Webroot\WRSA.exe

The UpdateCMD will be the corresponding file paths as shown above followed by -poll, eg. %programfiles(x86)%\Webroot\WRSA.exe -poll

Again, keep in mind Server 2003 and XP machines will often share the same paths so expect oddities.

If you have MAC systems, then you can use below:

Program Location: /Applications/Webroot SecureAnywhere.app/Contents/info.plist
Definition Location: /library/Application Support/Webroot/macdefs_lkg.wdf
AP Process: WSDaemon
Date Mask: (.*)
OS Type: MAC

Also keep in mind, once this information has been added or adjusted within these settings it's best practice to restart the DBAgents. You can do this from within the Plugin Manager or by simply closing and restarting the Control Center. After the DBAgents has been restarted be sure to send the commands previously mentioned.

Hope this gets you where you're trying to get.

Ok, i have added those custom XP definitions and reloaded the DB closed out of the control center - Update Plugins - Update Config - Resend Everything

I also did the echo and dir commands to make sure i got results.  Which did result correctly as viewed in the doc you posted.

I also did contact Labtech support who told me that XP and 2003 were no longer being supported but he could send me to two articles to review possible issues.  I also had him to a DB check to make sure no other issues were going on with my DB.

The two links he provided me with are as follows (which i did go thru the troubleshooting steps)

https://docs.connectwise.com/ConnectWise_Automate/ConnectWise_Automate_Knowledge_Base_Articles/Automate_Not_Detecting_Antivirus

https://docs.connectwise.com/ConnectWise_Automate/ConnectWise_Automate_Documentation/060/040

At this point i'm almost thinking they have put some kind of block on this feature just like they did with the Ignite plugin blocking the ability to select the Patching Days from the Location and Ignite tab.

I don't know what else to check or what else to do except just disable this alert for Windows XP and 2003 (as ALL of my XP and 2003 do not show webroot, so its just 1 PC, its all of them).

Any other ideas out there?

It sounds like you should try contacting support once more and have it escalated to higher tier tech. I use several different automate environments for QA purposes and have not had issues with this feature functioning/reporting when endpoints are running as properly. Can you provide more detail on the system failing to report back properly? Is Webroot displayed within other expected areas for this agent such as Software, Processes, Services, etc.?

I was finally able to resolve this problem by adding in Webroot registry settings for the XP and 2003 PCs to finally check in.

Here's my settings i ended up using if anyone else is having the same problem.

Program Location:  {%-HKLM\SOFTWARE\WRData:InstallDir-%}

Definition Location:  {%-HKLM\SOFTWARE\WRData\wrUrl:LogPath-%}\log.log

Update Command:  "{%-HKLM\SOFTWARE\WRData:InstallDir-%}" -poll

AP Process:  wrsa*

Date Mask:  (.*)

OS Type 32Bit Windows

Version Mask:  LEAVE THIS BLANK!  (all other webroots have a 0)

webroot.PNG

• Thanks 1

@EssentialSteve what are your other webroot virus scan configs?  Maybe one of those need tweaked.  I'd be happy to compare it to mine.

I agree with you though.  I'd rather it show webroot is installed with the wrong webroot than not show at all.  Besides, it's not like the wrong version number (i.e. 8.0.13 etc) shows.

@EssentialSteve sorry for the delay, the only difference i have in mine is for the AP process add a '*' after the WRSA, so it should be WRSA* and make sure the version mask is 0.  This was a manual change i make everytime the addon updates as the '*' as sometimes leaves false positives if the built in security is disabled.

wrsa.png

I have been dealing with this for a while.. The only fix I have found (And we are currently scripting this) is:

#1. Open client, go to software tab. (Note: The script "Actions, Webroot, uninstall" never seems to work for me.)

#2. Find Webroot, right click and uninstall.

#3. Run script, "Actions, Webroot, Install"

#4 Go to Commands, Inventory,Update config

#5 Go to Commands, Inventory, Resend all inventory.

Wait a few minutes and refresh, it will report correctly now.

Edited by Rafe Spaulding
Corrections