bigdessert

RMM+ Passwords: A password syncing tool for ScreenConnect and Labtech

yes it works from both labtech launched and the web portal. Note though that the tokens are stored in a different place so login is required separate for each.

2 hours ago, bigdessert said:

yes it works from both labtech launched and the web portal. Note though that the tokens are stored in a different place so login is required separate for each.

Would the computer I'm on need Labtech installed?    The plugin works through Chrome on my citrix server where Labtech is installed, but I get a blank box when using Chrome on my local computer where Labtech is not installed.

3 hours ago, bigdessert said:

Run this on your machine from command line.

rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache" 

Still not displaying properly.  I reset Chrome, tried Firefox and IE, same thing it doesn't show the boxes to enter the address/username/password.  It's weird, not a big deal since I use it mostly through LT.

I finally got around to setting this up a few days ago and have really enjoyed this integration. But I think I found a bug that I'd love to help resolve.

We support approx. 900 Macs through our CWA instance and unfortunately the "pasting" of passwords to Mac agents doesn't seem to function correctly through the plugin. I have confirmed that the built-in CW Control function for "send clipboard keystrokes" works normally on Mac agents, so I assume you have some custom code you're using to emulate this process via the plugin. 

Are you aware of issues using this against Mac agents? Any ideas on a possible solution or any help I could provide in troubleshooting this to help find a solution?

Sorry, not a bug but a limitation of the MAC client. The passing of credentials is something ScreenConnect has build into their code not something we designed. It is in the Windows guest files but not the MAC/Linux ones.

I am having a strange issue.

Everything was working perfect for me, but now on my computer . When I am logged in, it does not display the drop down list of stored passwords.  Just says:

"

To send a password to the screen click it.
To run a script on the machine double click.
To run a command type the command and timeout and hit enter."

Thats it.

Thank you

3 hours ago, bigdessert said:

Sorry, not a bug but a limitation of the MAC client. The passing of credentials is something ScreenConnect has build into their code not something we designed. It is in the Windows guest files but not the MAC/Linux ones.

Ugh. Thanks so much for the quick response. I guess I'll open a feature request for this unless you already know of one I can up-vote.

Posted new version on website for labtech plugin with some bugfixes.

1.0.0.7 - Fixed issue where login token was set for more than 24 hours would invalidate each night. Various other bugfixes.

Does this work with 6.5+ of Connectwise Control? Do you need a signature for the plugin?

6 hours ago, zubz said:

Does this work with 6.5+ of Connectwise Control? Do you need a signature for the plugin?

Yes this will work with SC 6.5+ I have gone through the dev process and it has the signature to work.

When I hit logon after entering my creds, it just does nothing.  In come cases I actually see the "Logout" link appear (while still showing the same logon prompt fields) but right now I do not.  Login just has no change.  If there's any logs you want me to gather let me know.  I also recently installed the new CW manage plugin from solution center but I doubt that's related.

thanks.

EDIT: THIS WAS MY STUPIDITY - IGNORE

Edited by timbo83251

Run this from elevated command prompt to delete the .net user settings. That will reset everything including docked preferences and the plugin settings. See if it works after that.

rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache

Version 1.0.13 updated and posted to ScreenConnect extension store. Should be approved in the next couple of days. Please make sure you update the Automate/Labtech plugin to be at 1.0.0.7 so everything is compatible!

I noticed that my scripts have disappeared.  The Filter Scripts text box is there, but the scripts are completely missing.  Any idea why that is?  I have checked the Extensions in ScreenConnect and they both state that they are updated and only have a Review button.  I updated the Automate plugin and both restarted the db engine and closed out and restarted the Control Center.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Randleman said:

I love this plugin! I just wish I can separate certain creds (domain admin vs helpdesk Pws) that would be awesome

perm wise*

This is absolutely amazing and awesome!

I even have it multihomed between our standalone Connect server and the one that runs with automate. 

Both work like a charm!

Now all we need is logging who used it and it's a mini snifftheglue!

Edited by Dave M