bigdessert

RMM+ Passwords: A password syncing tool for ScreenConnect and Labtech

@tait@switchfast @tsuky1 so after installing a 10.5 NFR and working with some of the Devs at LT it appears my plugin will not work on 10.5. I have updated requirements to LT11 and SC6.1. Sorry.

Been using this for just a couple of days. I have noticed that several machines that I have connected to I am not seeing Client level passwords, only Location. I have one I am connected to right now that has about 5 different Client level passwords, but it is only listing 3 of them. Any ideas as to what I should be checking? LT11 p8, SC on 6.1.12292.6236.

On the client with 5, it skips the first two entries in the list. Special characters do not appear to make a difference, two of the entries are actually the same set of credentials and only one of them is showing.

Turns out I was missing a piece of the puzzle and passwords I saw at the Client level were in fact aggregating from Locations. I was able to find all of these with this query:

SELECT PasswordID, Title, LocationID FROM passwords WHERE locationid <> 0

I backed up the table and then tested setting a couple of location passwords to locationID=0, which seemed to work OK, so then I ran a bulk update matching passwords that should have been Client level and not Location level. Something like this:

UPDATE passwords SET locationid=0 WHERE locationid <> 0 AND title='Domain Admin'

Thanks to bigdessert for the assistance!

The plug-in is not showing up under the Helper menu for me. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the plug-in a few times. I have also restarted the services and completely rebooted the SC server as well. I checked to verify that I am installing the correct RMM + Password plug-in. The options show show up correctly in LT, just do not get the server text box in SC. Any help or additional steps I could take to troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated.

LT ver - 11.0.36

SC ver - 6.1.12292.6236

The plug-in is not showing up under the Helper menu for me. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the plug-in a few times. I have also restarted the services and completely rebooted the SC server as well. I checked to verify that I am installing the correct RMM + Password plug-in. The options show show up correctly in LT, just do not get the server text box in SC. Any help or additional steps I could take to troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated.

LT ver - 11.0.36

SC ver - 6.1.12292.6236

Are you enabling the SC exension? After you install you have to enable it. There is no magic to getting the SC extension to show up. Make sure it is enabled. When enabled it will show disable as an option.

GL3IjzQ.png

The extension was enabled. After looking at it again, I figured out what I was missing. Down at the bottom of my Helper, there are some buttons under Select Provider. I needed to click on the Passwords button to get the server boxes to show up

Question / Feature Request? Does the plugin currently have any way to filter passwords based on the user's LT permissions? So for example, User A has a user class that has no permissions to read passwords from Client XYZ, but in my testing they are still able to load the password from the plugin. Our internal network, for example, I don't want help desk or non-admin users being able to pop into the DC with a domain admin account.

Question / Feature Request? Does the plugin currently have any way to filter passwords based on the user's LT permissions? So for example, User A has a user class that has no permissions to read passwords from Client XYZ, but in my testing they are still able to load the password from the plugin. Our internal network, for example, I don't want help desk or non-admin users being able to pop into the DC with a domain admin account.

It currently does not but I will be adding soon.

Awesome! I will keep an eye out for your updates.

Added a new build of the labtech plugin 1.0.0.2 that now has a permission check for "Read" Passwords at the client level. If a user doesn't have access they will be told so. Note, you only need to update the labtech plugin. The SC plugin is managed separately.

bigdessert, After upgrading to 1.0.0.2 only some of our client passwords are populating in the helper menu. Others are not. This was working fine previously. Any Ideas on where to look? I have found no rhyme or reason on the why some work and others do not.

I worked directly with tcampbell and determined the issue was not with the Labtech plugin but with my 1.0.8 plugin for ScreenConnect. We found the bug and release 1.0.9 now. Thanks again tcampbell.

This may be a moronic question, but:

Does one have to log in to LT through the helper for each SC session, or will it keep them logged in across sessions? For example, if I ScreenConnect to Machine A, log in through the helper, and click-send the Domain Admin credentials, and then open ScreenConnect to Machine B, will I have to log in again, or will the buttons just show up?

This may be a moronic question, but:

Does one have to log in to LT through the helper for each SC session, or will it keep them logged in across sessions? For example, if I ScreenConnect to Machine A, log in through the helper, and click-send the Domain Admin credentials, and then open ScreenConnect to Machine B, will I have to log in again, or will the buttons just show up?

This is 100% controlled by you. The timeouts you specify determine how log a token lasts. There are two timeouts. One for overall token timeout and one for inactivity timeout. I have seen a lot of users set it up so the token absolutely expires every 24 hours and inactivity kills it after 4 hours.

So it will work for any ScreenConnect windows as long as they are within the timeout. Magnificent!

I am eager to update to LT11 just for this.