bigdessert

RMM+ Passwords: A password syncing tool for ScreenConnect and Labtech

Thank you sir  😀

Were you the one that was also working on the ITGlue addition for RMM+ Passwords?

I was not. I know I have tossed it around but I have no access to ITG API so I have no way to test. Convince someone there to give me a test account and I can build it out.

What does the "Allow text password copy to clipboard" setting do?  If it does what I think it sounds like (copies the selected password to the clipboard), how is it utilized?  I'm not able to find any documentation about this setting.

On a separate note, does anyone see a SC version mismatch?  My extensions page shows 1.0.21 since updating it there, whereas my Helper "Help Info" indicates SC: 1.0.19, LT: 1.0.0.14.  No apparent loss of functionality.

Allow text password copy to clipboard is used by right clicking a password entry. Then it puts it on your clipboard. Now there is a bug in SC where you cannot just Ctrl+V that clipboard text you must use the menu to send clipboard keystrokes. Sorry for the version mismatch I missed updating a spot in the code.

Posted (edited)

Please note that version 1.0.22 of the control extension is waiting to be approve. When you upgrade make sure you add your Automate url in the extension settings as it is now hard coded there instead of being changeable.

Automate URL is no longer in the passwords helper. Please set by going to Options->Edit Settings in the control extension.

Edited by bigdessert
  • Thanks 1

This has been changed back to have the automate url in the login field as they now tie the helper to the signature file.

First off, love this plugin and I recommend to all of my consulting clients.  I have one client that is having an issue though.  The interface isn't showing the button text and is displaying strangely... any suggestions?  See attachment.

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 12.43.31 PM copy.png

That is odd, maybe text scaling? I have seen them look strange with scaling but never completely gone like that. Is this only on one particular host machine?

I'm told it's happening on more than one machine.  I can ask them if they have any odd or non-standard text scaling or resolution settings.

After checking with them, I found that the issue isn't happening on all, but enough that's it's noticed.  Any advise on helping correct?  I'm told they do not have any special scaling or resolution.

I use fontawesome and it loads that remotely for the plugin. Seems all the icons are missing so is a firewall or DNS filter blocking fontawesome?

I have to say that RMM+ Password Link is all of our technicians' favorite plugin by a long shot

They were all excited when I applied the most recent update and announced that I was turning on the feature to send an Enter keystroke after the password. However, in all my testing, this feature has yet to work for myself or any of our staff.

I have noticed that the checkbox to enable the extra keystroke is not retaining its checkmark after I click save and then reopen it. I took a look at the plugin's tables in the database, and there I can see columns for all of the other options, but I don't see anything that looks like it would be related to that feature.

Is it possible that I just need to remove and re-add the plugin? Any known issues with that functionality? I'm happy to share any screenshots or details about our environment if it helps, but I thought I'd ask about it first to see if there is something obvious I'm missing.

Great job on the plugin though! It has quickly become an indispensable part of our technicians' workflow.

I have an odd question.

This tool is amazing, but is there any way to use it when mobile?
We are trying to keep credentials just in Automate, but when you are on mobile, you are SOL. 

Hi there. We're interested in this plugin at our shop, but are curious how we can be certain the plugin is only doing what it claims to do? Not that I suspect you of not being aboveboard, but unfortunately I can't risk a breach on the say-so of someone who I don't know. I hope that's understandable.

We would very much like to have this installed in our environment but unless I can somehow certify that the plugin isn't going to, say, capture all of our client passwords and send them to a botnet somewhere, we're considering it too much of a risk for now. 

Can you help me answer the concerns from my team about this?

Not sure what you want me to say. Free product and you can decompile the exe to see what it does..... Audit the code or pay someone to audit the code if you are concerned. The only thing sent off-site are stats which are just integers.