jbrantley

Disk Cleanup Project

Hey everyone,

I saw a post in the #labtech channel this morning and it has prompted this post. I'd like to build one, all-inclusive disk cleanup script. I'd like your feedback and opinions on folders and paths that you would cleanup in your maintenance routines taking in to consideration specific applications.

The goal is to start a running list that can be added to a script. On completion, the script will be posted here for all to use.

Thanks in advance for any contributions you may have!

-JB

On 6/6/2017 at 9:20 AM, DNA3e8 said:

I use a script 'Thorough Disk Cleanup' that I found here (i will add link if if I make time to)

I use space sniffer to create a disk space report. It fails to attach to the ticket so I have it upload to the L drive for now.

Autofix disk space SpaceSniffer.zip

If you could post would be great. Didn’t have luck finding.

I use a (modified by me) version of the Thorough Disk Cleanup Script by Squatting Dog Development.

My version also detects IIS and cleans the log files, and cleans SBS log files (if that OS is detected) as well.  It also provides a selectable option to empty all recycle bins (selectable because we all know someone that got the bright idea of using the Recycle Bin as a filing cabinet).

If anyone wants a copy, I'll be happy to attach it.

32 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:

I use a (modified by me) version of the Thorough Disk Cleanup Script by Squatting Dog Development.

My version also detects IIS and cleans the log files, and cleans SBS log files (if that OS is detected) as well.  It also provides a selectable option to empty all recycle bins (selectable because we all know someone that got the bright idea of using the Recycle Bin as a filing cabinet).

If anyone wants a copy, I'll be happy to attach it.

Sure, please do.