grouchy.oscar

Microsoft OneDrive Sync

Hi,

I am fairly new to LabTech administration. Does anyone successfully setup LabTech to monitor OneDrive sync process?

Please help

Thanks

Grouchy

If you've figured out a way. Could you share the general details of how? Just starting to investigate this ourselves.

Have you folks figured this out yet? I am working on this currently this weekend.

I have implemented a very basic check that makes use of the OneDrive lib DLL file and powershell. Not at my desk but will share it later on today. 

@digitalmess @etaylor @grouchy.oscar

I'm sure there's all sorts of better ways to handle it, but here's our current setup.

Based off of this article, at the bottom you'll find an example of the output: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/rodneyviana/2017/06/06/powershell-cmdlet-to-check-onedrive-for-business-or-onedrive-personal-status/

1. Save OneDriveLib.dll to Automate server transfer directory.

https://github.com/rodneyviana/ODSyncService/tree/master/Binaries/PowerShell

2. Create Automate script. The PowerShell must be run in the logged-on user context.

image.thumb.png.23ac7cf676099a6cc58abc35aa36e654.png

@lgs141

I was looking at that over the weekend as well. There is one issue with that solution, if you enable FilesOnDemand it will show the solution as "Not Installed".

@lgs141

Thanks, we played with that, but it just doesn't provide good feedback. Like we'd want to know if there's a file conflict when enabling protected folders. Or like etaylor said, it shows "NotInstalled" or we had another error reported when sync'ing was happening. Forget what the specific message was but it indicated that it was not configured. For now the best we found is to roll out the registry keys for automatically enabling OneDrive Sync, Protected Folders, and cross check the LastLoggedIn key. Maybe when I get adventurous enough, I'll work on something that utilizes the SyncDiagnostics.log file and breaks down results. %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\logs\Business#\SyncDiagnostics.log

Hi @lgs141

I have got this working on my own laptop. In that the output of the powershell gets pushed to a variable %StatusOutput%. How do I then make the results actionable if the status contains "Error"? 

Kind regards,

So using some powershell I can search the output for the work "error". But machines that are not syncing all files down to the computer are reporting they are in an error state. Anyone have any suggestions?