Michael Priest

Custom Buttons

Hi All,

I've been working on a Plugin which I have called "Quick Access Modifier" which enables you to create custom Buttons on the Computer Screen which are similar to but not linked at all to the Custom Menu's which already exist within LabTech.

Availability

Can be installed through my Plugin Installer : http://apps.michaelpriest.com.au/MPPluginInstaller/.

- New Installations will activate in a Trial mode for 7-days

- No Current documentation is available.

Button Types

Currently there are two available button Types.

• Launch Application - Launches a local application on the Control Center Computer which respects Computer, Location, Client and EDF Replacement Variables when passing Program Details & Parameters
  • Script - Schedules the specified script to run straight away on the Target computer
  • Redirector - Runs the specified Redirector (Useful for LabTech 10)
  • No Action - No action on Left click, use to Group Right Click Context Menu Items

Options

Every button is highly configurable with the ability to define the following

• Enabled - Used to Enable / Disable buttons Globally
  • Description - Used on the Management Screen
  • Button Text - Displayed on the Computer Screen
  • Parent Button - Converts the Button into a Context Menu item which is available by Right clicking on the Specified Button
  • Condition - Use existing LabTech Searches as Conditions / Criteria for the button to display
  • Button Icon - Upload your own 16x16 Icon for your button
  • Colour - Specify the Text & Hover Colours
  • Button Width - Define your button width
  • Tooltip Icon - Control the Tooltip Icon that is displayed
  • Tooltip Text - Control the Text that is displayed in the Tooltip

Screenshots

Configuration Screen

7ggFMMH.png

Computer Buttons

O6tKsqY.png

A5uvhvB.png

I have been fortunate enough to test this plugin for Michael.

We are loving it. It is allowing us to put functions in front of the users without having to navigate through a bunch of menus.

And as with all work by Michael, this thing works very nicely!

Here are a few screenshots to show how we have used it:

Run "TeamViewer" button:

4fwvasl.png

Search to display run "TeamViewer" button:

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-02%20at%206.57.19%20AM.png

"Install TeamViewer" button:

NT9MURQ.png

Search to display "Install TeamViewer" button:

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-01%20at%209.47.47%20PM.png

Buttons shown if TeamViewer is installed on the machine:

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-02%20at%206.54.32%20AM.png

Buttons shown if TeamViewer is NOT installed on the machine:

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-02%20at%206.54.06%20AM.png

Buttons shown if the machine is NOT running Windows:

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-02%20at%206.53.31%20AM.png

This plug-in is something I wanted really bad after integrating Simple-Help with LabTech. I had the scripts to silently install and remove SimpleHelp from Windows computers but remotely accessing them was a pain. It took clicking on being, commands and then one of the three custom commands I created to remotely access a computer. It was really annoying when I did that and nothing happened because SimpleHelp wasn't already installed.

This plug-in solved all that and truly gave me one-click remote access to our managed client computers.

Here is how it looks when SimpleHelp is already installed:

vP775UW.png

Here is how it looks when SimpleHelp is NOT installed:

05Wftzc.png

This seems insignificant but it not only saves a ton of mouse-clicks to find and run the SimpleHelp install script but it also reduces the mouse-clicks required to remotely access a computer. In short, it makes it intuitive!

The main reason it is intuitive is because you can choose to display buttons based on search results which makes the plug-in very powerful. As you can tell, I have two states - SimpleHelp installed and not-installed and the toolbar changes accordingly. This is done with to easy searches:

SimpleHelp installed:

APVVeMy.png

SimpleHelp not installed:

x9Wo8Yo.png

The button configs are as follows:

SimpleHelp Remote Access

0t93gFb.png

SimpleHelp Diagnostics

3Bn9xtU.png

SimpleHelp File Transfer

Gqhth6H.png

Install SimpleHelp

casgnFI.png

FileCenter Client Folder

dGHgw6D.png

We use Lucion FileCenter as our document management system. It's very simple to use so I added a button to access the client folder. I also plan on adding a button for out internal wiki. It is very versatile!

--AJ

Added the "File Transfer" button for TeamViewer's File Transfer function.....

Button:

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-03%20at%2010.53.01%20PM.png

Button Config:

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-03%20at%2010.53.18%20PM.png

File Transfer Window:

win-filetransfer.png

Hi All,

I've opened this up to be installed through my Plugin Installer : http://apps.michaelpriest.com.au/MPPluginInstaller/.

- New Installations will activate in a Trial mode for 7-days, I'll be extending these through to the end of December to give people that wish to Try and Provide feedback

- No Current documentation is available.

Regards,

Michael Priest

Michael,

Thanks for the open trial. This looks to be very promising. I've emailed you a couple of suggestions and some minor issues. I'll be working with this for the next week or two and then provide more feedback. My NOC guys are really liking the idea of having some quick fix options. I will provide more feedback by end of week. Thanks Michael and great job.

-jeff

Client has no Confluence Space:

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-20%20at%2011.56.44%20PM.png

Client has Confluence Space, No Page for Computer:

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-20%20at%2011.56.26%20PM.png

Client has Confluence Space, AND a Page for Computer:

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-20%20at%2011.56.10%20PM.png

The buttons are conditionals.

On the Client screen there is a "Confluence Space" EDF. If it is filled in, LT shows the Client Docs button.

On the Computer screen there is a "Confluence Page" EDF. If it is filled in, LT shows the PC Docs button.

Both buttons launch Chrome to the proper page.

Not just yet; hopefully have something sorted in the coming days. I've just updated all the trial dates and extended them. If you need to restore functionality straight away go to Help -> Server Status -> Run External Sync

Not just yet; hopefully have something sorted in the coming days. I've just updated all the trial dates and extended them. If you need to restore functionality straight away go to Help -> Server Status -> Run External Sync

What will the price be for this?

What will the price be for this?

Not looking at anything too expensive, just want to get some return on investment i spent developing this. I'm a little busy over the coming weeks so likely be putting the pricing for this on the back burner to i can free up some time.

Hi All,

I've come up with a pricing model for this and my other plugin, it will be a per month subscription with an initial once-off payment to help fund the development of these projects and keeping them up dated and maintained.

If you use this plugin you should have received a notification with the launch of the Updated version about this, and the plugin is reporting versoin 1.1.0.0 or greater please get in contact with me directly, support@michaelpriest.com.au to resolve the issue.

please be aware all current installations will remain in Trial mode until the 31st of July 2014 and at which point they will expire and you will require subscription for continued use.

Quick Access Modifier will be $10 AUD per Month with a $50 Initial payment, if you sign-up before the 25th of June 2014 and use the Coupon Code: NOSETUP714 the Initial $50 payment will be waived, Subscribe here

The newest update for the Plugin has seen it undergo a face lift to bring it inline with some of my other works as well as had Auditing added to all button presses and can be access as per any other LabTech audit details.

Regards,

Michael Priest

I have a script that I would like to test out with these buttons, how do I have it prompt for the argument input before running? (Need things like specific IP or username entered).

Hi There,

Currently there is no way to trigger a prompt for Parameters using the Button when Launching a script, this was something i originally looked at adding support for but wanted to see how many people would find it useful as there are limited cases where these buttons can be used without cluttering up the computer screen.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael,

Any chance of adding sub-menus to the buttons?

IE, like the Redirectors button, etc.

+1

I know we have talked about it. Sure would be nice feature...hint, hint.

-jeff

I just purchased the plugin, how long until it works?

My trial has run out, but I have restarted control center a couple of times, but still it is not active...

Thank you.

I just installed this. I did not realize before the install that it does NOT have the same functionality as the other Quick Access Toolbar buttons. i.e., no sub-menus. That make this not very valuable to me. Then, I followed the subscribe page to see the price. $50 and then $10 per month. Really? No thanks. Add the sub-menus and I might reconsider. ...actually, I wouldn't. That is WAY too expensive for this even *with* the sub-menu requirement. I think your notion of monthly recurring revenue for just a shortcut button is overly optimistic. With the sub-menus, this is worth about $15 for a perpetual license.

I need to ensure that i am able to support and maintain these plugins, if you wish to use it or not use it that is up to you, this plugin was created out of Community Demand and has served a purpose. it was not aimed at everyone it was specifically a more advanced use case and i have seen some people setup some good functionality.

As for Sub-menus this is something that i am looking into, there has only recently been people ask for them.

I just installed this. I did not realize before the install that it does NOT have the same functionality as the other Quick Access Toolbar buttons. i.e., no sub-menus. That make this not very valuable to me. Then, I followed the subscribe page to see the price. $50 and then $10 per month. Really? No thanks. Add the sub-menus and I might reconsider. ...actually, I wouldn't. That is WAY too expensive for this even *with* the sub-menu requirement. I think your notion of monthly recurring revenue for just a shortcut button is overly optimistic. With the sub-menus, this is worth about $15 for a perpetual license.