AndyA

HP ILO Info and set password

This is a script I wrote to do stuff to the HP ILO on a server for it's IP address by using the tool Greg discusses http://www.labtechgeek.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10. So the steps it does:

1. Installs the HP ILO config tool onto the server (you need to put the tool into the LTShare).

2. Runs the tool to export the ILO config out to an XML file.

3. Executes a pshell script (in the zip) to get the ILO's IP address.

4. Checks if the ILO is static or DHCP enabled

5. Pings the ILO IP

The script then outputs the ILO IP, if it is DHCP, and if it could ping it and puts this info in an EDF called ILO IP. If it errors I have it set to email me but can easily be changed to another action.

I have it set when it writes the config back to the ILO to create/set a user and pasword with full access rights to the ILO. To customize the user and password edit ilo_config.txt as follows:

Leave this line alone:

Change: USER_NAME = "NEWSUPPORTUSER" to be your new user, and leave it in quotes, it is case sensitive.

Change: USER_LOGIN = "NEWSUPPORTUSER" to be your new password, also leave it in quotes, it is case sensitive.

Change: PASSWORD="NEWPASSWORD"> to be your new password, also leave it in quotes, it is case sensitive.

Any problems implementing this at all let me know.

Andy

ILO.zip

I know I shouldn't really be hijacking this thread, but it's very much related...

Can anyone tell me how to populate data fields in the Labtech Computer interface?

Specifically, in this case, I want to fill in the %ManagementIP% field, which is located under the "Network" tab. As this is where Labtech expects to find the IP of the iLO service, I'm trying to modify the above script to populate there, instead of an EDF.

I'm guessing, by looking at other scripts, it might have to be a SQLQuery or something similar?

Forgive my ignorance if it's a stupid question, I'm just getting into scripts, so have a lot to learn...

Cheers,

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

I think you are correct the only way I can see of doing what you require is to do a SQL Execute statement.

Andy