DarrenWhite99

Probe SNMP MIB File Cleanup for LabTech

For LabTech to parse and load your MIB files, there is some work to be done. LabTech will report an error if the MIB Name does not match the filename. Labtech also requires that the filename end with .MIB. To get MIBs to correctly import/compile in LabTech, you need to match the filename to the MIB name. You will also need to make sure that any MIB reference to another file is valid. (The referenced FILE.MIB exists)

I put "MIBFIXUP.BAT" together to parse out MIB names and create a secondary script to rename the files to match their MIB name. (PERFORM-MIB-RENAMES.BAT)

After your files have been renamed, the script should be run again. At the end of each run it creates a script called MIB-CHECKREFS.BAT which can help identify MIBS that are referring to a MIB file that does not exist.

Once your MIB files are correctly named and MIB references in the individual files are verified you should be able to get your MIB's indexed for reference when choosing an OID or viewing SNMP walk data.

MIBFIXUP.zip

Thanks Darren! Don't understand why LT seem to have made a load of breaking changes, which your script then reverses out to make the files link properly.

Does the batch file need to run from a specific directory?  I get no results when I run it, but I am running it from the users' download directory, not the C:\LTShare\MIBS\RFC directory.

I am PRETTY SURE it was made to be run from the MIBS folder. But I would recommend copying the MIBS folder to another location and running the process from that folder so that you aren't modifying production files until you can confirm the changes.  (Or, just make sure you make a backup first. 😁)