DarrenWhite99

Monitor for slow corporate LAN connection speeds

Thanks to WNichols for the idea.  An Internal Monitor to detect hardwired connections that are not operating at Gigabit speeds. Because who still uses Fast Ethernet? To help reduce noise, only agents that are at their assigned location network (Agent public Router IP matches Location Router IP). Virtual Adapters, WiFi adapters, etc. are ignored. I restricted the monitor to only consider the primary NIC (the NIC with the IP Address matching the agents LocalAddress).

I like these types of monitors myself not so much for creating tickets/work, but to organize this information in a way that I can spot check it and identify trends/areas for improvement. Once you have everything dialed though in it can be used to trigger tickets or emails when systems that aren't operating to your standards appear.

Import using Control Panel -> Tools -> Import SQL. Tweak as you prefer.

Monitor - NIC Speed on Company Network Less Than Gigabit.zip

Hypothetically, if you had Computer, Location, and Client EDFs to disable this check (of course Group Targeting in the Monitor and Monitor Agent Exclusions are also functional), you could add this SQL into the Additional Conditions Field to support this. This block checks the computer, computer default, location, location default, client, and client default EDF values looking for a checkbox that disables the check for the computer, location, or client.

AND computers.computerid NOT IN (SELECT DISTINCT computerid FROM computers 
LEFT JOIN extrafielddata AS e ON (e.ID=computers.computerid AND e.ExtraFieldID=(SELECT ID FROM extrafield WHERE `Name`='Disable Gigabit NIC Check' AND Form=1))
LEFT JOIN extrafielddata AS ed ON (ed.ID=0 AND e.ExtraFieldID=(SELECT ID FROM extrafield WHERE `Name`='Disable Gigabit NIC Check' AND Form=1))
LEFT JOIN extrafielddata AS el ON (el.ID=computers.locationid AND el.ExtraFieldID=(SELECT ID FROM extrafield WHERE `Name`='Disable Gigabit NIC Check' AND Form=2))
LEFT JOIN extrafielddata AS eld ON (eld.ID=0 AND el.ExtraFieldID=(SELECT ID FROM extrafield WHERE `Name`='Disable Gigabit NIC Check' AND Form=2))
LEFT JOIN extrafielddata AS ec ON (ec.ID=computers.clientid AND ec.ExtraFieldID=(SELECT ID FROM extrafield WHERE `Name`='Disable Gigabit NIC Check' AND Form=3))
LEFT JOIN extrafielddata AS ecd ON (ecd.ID=0 AND ecd.ExtraFieldID=(SELECT ID FROM extrafield WHERE `Name`='Disable Gigabit NIC Check' AND Form=3))
WHERE IF(IFNULL(e.Value,IFNULL(ed.Value,0))=1,1,IF(IFNULL(el.Value,IFNULL(eld.Value,0))=1,1,IF(IFNULL(ec.Value,IFNULL(ecd.Value,0))=1,1,0)))=1)

Love this monitor. I should have imported it ages ago. Thanks.

You mention that it only considers the NIC with the IP address matching the  Agent public Router IP matches Location Router IP, but it seems to also pick up agents where the router address is not configured - which is perfect as in quite a few cases at small clients they have a dynamic IP and so the router ip is empty.

It looks for the probe or other key server's public IP and uses that as the "location" IP. If your probe (at the office) has a public (Router) Address of X.X.X.X, then only machines with public IP of X.X.X.X are included.